Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Brit living in Ireland.

reliablerebel

Country Flag
ireland
Hi all,
Long time lurker on this site - not technically minded, so constantly looking up abbreviations etc but keen to learn. Here in Ireland my LC is called a jeep, but I gather I should be calling her a "truck"?
On my second LC - have had her 11 years now, been very reliable until recently.
120 series SWB (2007) - no mods - had a couple of expensive bouts of injector trouble which is par for the course for this year/model I think
I live on a small holding in rural Ireland, tow an ifor williams trailer with one or two horses, haul timber, etc and she is a beauty to drive and tow.
But also used as my general runaroud. And takes me safely to work for both my jobs (horses)
320,000 km
Trying to decide to I trade her in now or run her into the ground. Both options are costly!
Just replaced front wheel bearings. And have another issue with loss of power that I am going to post about in the 120 series tech thread.
Thanks for reading,
Ginny

Last edited:
Welcome! Look forward to reading your 120 thread, but - 1) how old is your fuel filter. 2) has your LC got the short or long suction control valve on the high pressure diesel pump (plenty of threads on that) and 3) has the MAF sensor been cleaned?

If it's reliable, then running it seems to me the way to go. Loss of power is likely to be a small thing as @karl2000 points out.

@karl2000 thanks for reply. To answer your questions
1 - Fuel filter changed this week. No change.
2 - I need to ask the garage and look up the threads on that.
3 - Spent the morning working out what the MAF sensor is and does - will have to ask the garage if/when it was cleaned
Seems to be lots of the 2007 models doing the same kind of thing but also most seem to be automatics.

Will make my post later when I have looked up some more threads.

Every days a school day

Thanks

Last edited:
Back