Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi From Cairns

clunt

Country Flag
australia
Hey All,

I'm Josh, I'm here to seek some advice and share some experience in the buying and setting up of a VDJ78R for over landing.

The one I'm in the process of buying is a 2011 GXL

It has:
-Lockers
-Front bar and scrub bars
-Winch
-OME lift and upgraded rear spring
-Spotties
-Roof and center consoles
-UHF and Antenna
-Entertainment unit and Reverse cam
-Roofrack and Awning
-Rear drawers
-Dual Battery
-Armax Snorkel
-3" exhaust
-BFG ATs
-Tinted and insulated windows
-OBD Monitor
-Emu Seat covers
-Flared Guards

Plan is

1. to set it up with the Alu-Cab conversion, and shadow Awning (keeping existing awning too:)
2. Get a rear bar for 2x wheels or storage box or both (undecided)
3. Remove the 3 seats and try to find a single back seat
4. Fit out the rear for over landing around the rear single seat
ie -Additional deep cycle battery system with solar panels
-Fridge
-Water tank
-pull out/Removable kitchen thingo
-fold down tables off the barn doors
-investigate tuning for more power/efficiency without compromising reliability

I see there are a few others on here with similar and I hope to gain and share experience on this build with all you good folk.

Cheers!!

Welcome, you just about described my Troopy..... Mine is a work in progress, it's a 2007 GLX,

Yeah I found yours searching a combo of alucab and other words on the list :) Looks great! Does the roof get hot in the sun? I was thinking about the black alucab, would look good with the black bars, wheels, flares etc already on the 78 I'm buying, but I was worried about the extra heat.
It does look to be fairly well insulated from the cab by bedding etc though.

Yeah I found yours searching a combo of alucab and other words on the list :) Looks great! Does the roof get hot in the sun? I was thinking about the black alucab, would look good with the black bars, wheels, flares etc already on the 78 I'm buying, but I was worried about the extra heat.
It does look to be fairly well insulated from the cab by bedding etc though.
It's not bad in the sun as the side windows are large, but I'm sure how a black roof would go.

Thanks Charlie, I ended up going for the White.
Yours looks great, and I live in Cairns so I don't need any help with the heat :)
Its been a drawn out process, but its finally been paid for today so its all mine!!
I'm having it shipped to Leeroy at GlobalSat Ipswich to have the Alu-Cab fitted some time in the next couple of weeks. To say I'm excited is an understatement!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Charlie, I ended up going for the White.
Yours looks great, and I live in Cairns so I don't need any help with the heat :)
Its been a drawn out process, but its finally been paid for today so its all mine!!
I'm having it shipped to Leeroy at GlobalSat Ipswich to have the Alu-Cab fitted some time in the next couple of weeks. To say I'm excited is an understatement!!!
Sounds good, we're waiting for photos when fitted.

Back