Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Hertfordshire

Jvertigo

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Morning everyone....
I'm Jude, owner of a pretty shabby 1993 80 series Australian import called Cyborg
We are currently doing a whole host of upgrades to make it a great overlanding vehicle.
We (me, the other half & our 6 year old) are shipping out at the start of June for 15 months of global trekking, starting from the east coast of America, then heading up to Canada, across to the west, up to Alaska, before we turn & head south to Central & South America. That's just the start...
Mods being done:
filtered water tank
heat exchange water heater
pull out kitchen
roof top accommodation
the list goes on...

I grew up in Land Rovers, so coil suspension feels like a true luxury experience

I'll be posting many questions trying to get pointers in the right direction for various oarts.

If you have read this & know anything about LED headlight upgrades on an 80 series, get in touch. The stock headlamps I have are as good as a couple of birthday candles.

Jude

Whereabouts are you hiding, sunny Watford here. ps welcome :)

Hey Jude,
Sounds like a fantastic trip, very envious!
I've always dreamed of doing Barrow (Utqiaġvik) down to Tierra del Fuego, but you've got to commit to that sort of timescale (and cost!) just can't do it yet, (one day!) but looking forward to keeping up with your adventure.

Hi Bodie, I hadn’t actually thought of doing a thread relating to the trip, but if folk are interested in reading it, I’ll gladly post some pics & words along the way

@fbnss I’m just up the road from you, near St Albans. I’ve been scaring the shiny locals in their shiny 4x4’s in my lairy J80

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
that is nearby, my depot is in colney street and i spend my days driving round WGC in my lorry

Welcome Jude - another "local" here in sunny Watford.

Look forward to seeing some pics of your 80 and would be very interested to see/hear of details of your trip.

theres a green jap import in hatfield, another green one that parks in welwyn, a red one in welwyn and cant rememner the colour on the great north road, but you must be hiding somewhere i never go, no white ones i can think of :)

Funny that Nick..... like most people, ever since I learned to drive, I've had the usual police radar in my head, but as time's gone by, I've developed an even more acute 80 radar!!

There used to be loads around the 414 as there was a company used them as tow vehicles for field events (portaloos!)

There was a blue 80 on the green off Sandrige Road when we lived down there and a 100 with a LOO-something number plate out towards Hatfields. Must have been the gaffer.

Welcome to this friendly forum, Jude. I know what you mean about St Albans. Our V8 back then wasn't very popular at 6am in the Conservation Area.

ha! id forgotten they all had loo ***as the reg :)

Back