Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi... From South Africa

RH SA

Country Flag
south_africa
Hi There , just joined the forum and enjoying looking at cruiser pictures especially the Mighty 80 series.
I am from South Africa and currently drive a newish 150 vx. Would love to own a clean 80 vx soon!

Cheers

Welcome along. How easy is it to get a nice clean 80 there nowadays and what would you have to pay? Are the petrols more popular than the oil burners?

Hi Thanks , Clean 80s are really scarce. Diesels seem to fetch a higher price compared to Petrol. A clean Vx td with about 200 000 miles on would fetch around 8000 pounds should you be lucky and find one.
We are not allowed to buy japanese imports , only returning immigrants can with certain conditions
Im thinking about asking a friend who will returning in a years time to bring me a low miler 80 vx but let see what happens!

Welkom hier maat! Nice to have fellow Saffers on this forum.

Post a pic or two of your current Cruiser

Hi RH,
£8000 would be good if rust free which many SA trucks seem to be, is that the case?

yeah.. would be rust free. But they are very very scarce.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Thanks , Clean 80s are really scarce. Diesels seem to fetch a higher price compared to Petrol. A clean Vx td with about 200 000 miles on would fetch around 8000 pounds should you be lucky and find one.
We are not allowed to buy japanese imports , only returning immigrants can with certain conditions
Im thinking about asking a friend who will returning in a years time to bring me a low miler 80 vx but let see what happens!
There are quite a few 80s running around in Zimbabwe.. have you considered importing from there? Are you able to?

Not possible unless you are a returning citizen who worked in Zim for 2 years

Here's one in Zim

https://www.classifieds.co.zw/en/advert-toyota-landcruiser-80-series-4x4-diesel-1998-1284358

IMG-20170202-WA0089.jpg

Welkom by die beste land cruiser forum op die web.

As has been said before.

It's good to have more Saffers in the club :)

And when you do get a chance pictures are mandatory, especially camping, traveling and exploring ones of the vehicle ;)

Back