Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from the southwest, new (to me) 100 series amazon owner!

Dan_the_drifter

Country Flag
uk
Hi, my name is Dan, I am from the southwest, just bought myself a 100series amazon a few weeks back and thought I would sign up on here as it looks to be a friendly, active forum :)

Current mods: Skid plate, safari snorkel, AT tyres

Plans for your Cruiser: Daily driving and towing my drift car to events all over the country!

4x4 Experience: Owned a 2.7td terrano for 2 and half years which is now for sale, was a good truck but I couldn't resist the amazon's 4.2td 6 cylinder purrr! Not done any off roading but do a good bit of towing.

Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: You probably get the idea from my username but I am pretty keen on my drifting, main reason I have a 4x4 is to tow my other car to events!

So here is a pic of my Terrano, had just arrived at rockingham track day back in May I think:

42909062095_67e86f750e_b.jpg
IMG_20180507_081007 by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

And here is the Amazon, pic from the previous owner, don't know if Andrew is on this forum?!

31211983668_693cbf95c6_b.jpg
1st pic previous owner by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

Will put up a build thread in the garage section soon as got a few things planned.

Cheers,

Dan

Welcome, Dan. Great choice - I can’t think of a more versatile and comfortable vehicle if you spend a lot of time on the road.

Whatever you turn it into for the day - work van, people carrier, camper, tow truck, adventure mobile - it’s still roomy and smooth enough for you to sit back in your leather armchair and enjoy a game of Scrabble on the massive centre console while wafting down the motorway.

Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Welcome, Dan. Great choice - I can’t think of a more versatile and comfortable vehicle if you spend a lot of time on the road.

Whatever you turn it into for the day - work van, people carrier, camper, tow truck, adventure mobile - it’s still roomy and smooth enough for you to sit back in your leather armchair and enjoy a game of Scrabble on the massive centre console while wafting down the motorway.

Good luck with it.

Ha that explains it then Jacob, I've seen you veering from lane to lane whilst you search for that elusive letter.:lol:

Welcome along Dan, great looking Hundie, best colour silver, but I am biased.

Hi Dan, truck looks good! A Toyota towing a Nissan eh?

Hi Dan welcome

Where abouts are you based

Stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Dan. The 100 looks good with a snorkel, you don't see many about.. I see your a drifting enthusiast, You should come over to Sandwich , Kent, The local drift meet is every Fri/Sat 0n the A299, on the roundabout next to Texaco, unfortunately they have very unsociable meet times, normally around 1 to 3 in the morning, but its ok because the police join in as well. normally by racing each other up the dual carriageway. then they all seem to disappear. Uh! Anyway Welcome:thumbup:

Hi Dan and Welcome. Looks a nice truck you’ve got there, good intro too.
I thought by your name you moved around a lot. Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

Welcome to the club Dan - nice hundy! :thumbup:

First picture mate.

Being pedantic, the first picture is of a Nissan Terrano towing a Nissan 200SX(? or Sylvia).

The 100 in the second picture will be put to use towing the Nissan....and hopefully we will get a picture of that at some point in the future.

....I'm sure you're all glad that we cleared that up! :):)

Thank you for such a warm welcome everyone! Sorry for my slow reply I have family down at the minute due to an ill relative and haven't had 2 mins to myself until now.

Good luck with it.

Thanks, unfortunately no leather as I bought a gx but your definitely right about that centre console, only thing I find is it's a bit high, find myself driving along with the top of the console lifted up then rest my arm on the inside, might try and make some sort of cushion eventually?!

Your right though it is soo roomy and smooth on the motorway so should make my longer journeys much more enjoyable.

Welcome along Dan, great looking Hundie, best colour silver, but I am biased.

Ye I like the silver, thanks

Hi Dan welcome

Where abouts are you based

Stu

Hi, Newton abbot down in Devon

Nice rig chap. Welcome to the group.

Cheers

Welcome Dan. The 100 looks good with a snorkel, you don't see many about.. I see your a drifting enthusiast, You should come over to Sandwich , Kent, The local drift meet is every Fri/Sat 0n the A299, on the roundabout next to Texaco, unfortunately they have very unsociable meet times, normally around 1 to 3 in the morning, but its ok because the police join in as well. normally by racing each other up the dual carriageway. then they all seem to disappear. Uh! Anyway Welcome:thumbup:

Ha ha I try to keep my drifting to the track as unfortunately you can get yourself into a sticky situation meeting up at that time in the morning on the side of the road :tongueclosed: especially if people start flashing there lights at you.....

Ye I think the guy before me did a small bit of off roading but I quite like the snorkel so will leave it on for the minute :thumbup:

Hi Dan welcome to the forum. Nice truck. Lets see some photos of you drifting

Thanks, will put some up in my build thread :thumbup:

Hi Dan and Welcome. Looks a nice truck you’ve got there, good intro too.
I thought by your name you moved around a lot. Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

Thanks, I didn't think about it that way, that made me laugh reading that :laughing-rolling:

Welcome to the club Dan - nice hundy! :thumbup:

Being pedantic, the first picture is of a Nissan Terrano towing a Nissan 200SX(? or Sylvia).

The 100 in the second picture will be put to use towing the Nissan....and hopefully we will get a picture of that at some point in the future.

....I'm sure you're all glad that we cleared that up! :):)

Thanks, ye you got it, Richard is joking about the Toyota towing a Nissan, bit of a joke as I always liked the fact I was towing my Nissan 200sx drift car (blue car on the trailer in the first post) with my Nissan Terrano. I was considering upgrading to a Nissan Patrol but the cruiser won me over!

Come on Dan put some Driftcup pics and vids up!

I will mate! Anyone wondering me and Richard Turner have been mates for about 5 years, we actually met through a drifting forum and been to quite a few drift days etc together! He also let me have a drive of his 80 series a while back, lovely smooth truck that!

I will start a build thread in a minute and put up some pics of my drifting and a link to my drift car build thread on another forum.

I have a few small plans for the truck over the next few months/years so hopefully be interesting to keep track.

Cheers Dan

Hi Dan, I’m a bit late to this party, welcome aboard!

Saw your posts in your other thread first.

Nice looking hundee, it must be a much nicer place to be than the Terano. I drove a Terano 2 for 4 years between write-offs (long story) but mine wasn’t at all reliable.

Driftin’ ? mmmmmm, very skilful, but I never really saw the point in it... wouldn’t it be better to drive round the corners properly?

runs and hides... :shifty:

Hey Clive,

Thanks, ah that's a shame to hear you weren't very lucky with your Terrano, was it a 2.7 or 3.0? The 3.0 is pretty unreliable so I kept with the old gear driven 2.7td but they do lack power especially for towing bigger loads but are generally bullet proof engines.

For around town and short journeys the Terrano isn't bad but definitely prefer the cruiser. I will also appreciate it even more for long distances I reckon.

Ye I can see what your saying however drifting isn't a race as such, it's judged a bit like extreme sports such as bmx, skateboarding etc.

If there is a local drift day near you and someone will take you out as a passenger you may find it is actually quite exciting lol.

Each to their own, be boring if we all liked the same thing :tonguewink:

Hey Clive,

Thanks, ah that's a shame to hear you weren't very lucky with your Terrano, was it a 2.7 or 3.0? The 3.0 is pretty unreliable so I kept with the old gear driven 2.7td but they do lack power especially for towing bigger loads but are generally bullet proof engines.

For around town and short journeys the Terrano isn't bad but definitely prefer the cruiser. I will also appreciate it even more for long distances I reckon.

Ye I can see what your saying however drifting isn't a race as such, it's judged a bit like extreme sports such as bmx, skateboarding etc.

If there is a local drift day near you and someone will take you out as a passenger you may find it is actually quite exciting lol.

Each to their own, be boring if we all liked the same thing :tonguewink:

I was joking about the drifting Dan, I do appreciate the sport. I liken it to drag racing in a lateral thinking sort of way, it’s a spectacle more than a circuit race. My Terano was the 2.7 turbo and I never had the need to complain about its performance. But after one year, the turbo lost interest and by the end of year 2 it was totally ineffective and had to be replaced. My main beef was with trim, falling off and generally poorly fixed/aligned. It was a company car for shared use during the day, and my personal use after hours, so it got abused by others sadly. Maybe I’m being unfair to criticize it too much. Anyway, it was no Land Cruiser, different league altogether.

Back