Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Yorkshire

diggerdave

I'm a long time lurker and just thought I'd say hi and thanks to all members for the wealth of info on here (which I've found really helpful).

1997 KZJ90 IKZ-TE GS (no wheel arch extensions and 215/85 tyres originally). 178,000m of which I've put on 20,000.

I'm the eleventh (!) owner. My truck was once white but was resprayed in silver early in its life and black tints applied to the back windows. I added a 2" lift with spacers (with 2" extended Monroe rear shocks) and 265/75/16 Insa Turbo Traction Tracks on Milner black steel wheels. No other mods necessary for what I do.

I do as much work myself as I can but I quickly reach my limits as I'm very much an amateur (with emphasis on the 'ham').

I'm a keen green laner based in Yorkshire and the Toyota has been with me to France, Spain, Andorra and Italy green laning taking in Belgium and Monaco on the way.

Some pics of the LC in action in some nice places:

Lake District
DSCF2071.jpg

Nidderdale, North Yorks
DSCF2151.jpg

Yorkshire Dales
DSCF5235.jpg

Yorkshire Dales in Jan this year
DSCF6374Lighter.jpg

Spanish Pyrenees
DSCF7661.jpg

Andorra
DSCF7934.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and great intro
superb photos too

have driven those same trails in nidderdale and Parkamoor on lakes in my Colorado I used to own and also my hilux
i use to mountain bike a lot in nidderdale when I lived in leeds

drove the recently reopened lane between nidderdale and swale dale? In my hilux
and that trail in Pyrenees looks like the one between Tor and Andorra ? :)
took my Colorado there,

nice "shorty" landcruiser too

Nice one Andy, all spot on. Last photo is Tor-Andorra (some people call it the Smuggler's Road, although I think most of the tracks around there are called the same by at least someone). Its steep, rough gravel and rock with lots of hairpins up from Tor to a high pass in the mountains. Not technically challenging unless there's too much snow, but exceedingly beautiful. It's a weird to reach a tarmac turning circle at the top after feeling like you're as remote as can be, and then descend into Andorra on perfect tarmac.

I need to check my album but I think the Spanish one is a track near Rialp.

Good spot on Nidderdale too: In Moor Lane (Middlesmoor to Scar House Reservoir). I haven't done Deadman's Hill on the other side of the reservoir. Last time I checked it was downhill only voluntary restraint so it means an extra journey to get to the other end.

I was quite pleased to get up Parkamoor (no, my rear difflock doesn't work) and it wasn't stylish Parkamoor video 1 and Parkamoor video 2

Welcome in Dave, as Andy said, great intro. Tha looks like a proper "Yorkshire " lad .
You donn't by chance have a part no. for those +2" rear Monroes as I'm after a pair for my 95?
Great shorty too.

I was travelling from north when I drove down the deadmans hill trail, I can see why down only is recommended. I used it when spectating at the Tour de France and bypassed the traffic Jams on the road :)

good of effort without a rear locker on Parkamoor, I needed to use rear difflock. On my collie to get up it and in my hilux the traction control kicked in a few times

yes, thought that was the smugglers trail, we drove up it too and camped at a good site in Andorra. Also did the trails around Rialp.

will check. Out you vids

Andy Cook - Deadman's Hill is definitely on my list. Our mates who we go laning with have Ford Rangers so we're a bit wary of anything requiring high clearance and good departure angles! I saw some guys coming down Deadman's on mountain bikes, they looked like they were really buzzing. I like your story about using it to avoid traffic jams; the world's most unlikely rat run?

Andy Lomas - thanks, I'll dig out the Monroe part number (gold dust)... just as soon as I've found the safe place I wrote it down and put it :techie-error:. Failing that I'll be under the truck at some point over the weekend and I'll look at the stickers on the shocks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andy Lomas - the Monroe part number for the +2" shocks is D8433 (on the box and on the sticker on the shocks). I've also posted on a separate thread so it will show up if people search for it. I bought from Roughtrax, who sell these as +2" shocks and they seem to fit well. I haven't tested them on full extension yet, but that's a bit academic as my rear ARB is still connected: these new shocks just give me the option of disconnecting that in the future.

Back