Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi! I’m Phil, I love landcruisers!

Costa rica cruisers

Country Flag
united_states
Hello! I’m Phil. I live in Costa Rica and am obsessed with land cruisers. I have a 1978 Bj40. 1983 bj60 and a 2000 prado vx with the 1kz-te and factory rear locker. I’m looking to buy one more and would love to hear what people suggest.

Hi Phil, welcome to the group.

You know we like picture's ?

Hi Phil and welcome....

My suggestion to complete your fleet of Land Cruisers would be an 80 series as they are deemed to be the pinnical of Mr T's 4x4s.

Regards,

Rodger

PICTURES COMING SOON! Google chrome crashes every time I try to attach a photo... Yes Rodger I do like those 80 series too, I think they look great all modded out, I Dont particularly like how they look stock though, there are actually quite a few for sale down here. Any particular year/motor I should be looking for?

From oldest to newest

FAD62034-D6F5-4C48-8254-9D2A8FD211EC.jpeg
04FA358A-47DB-41F2-B413-27EF6FC17487.jpeg
011771D3-1ACB-470E-AF54-AA4854CDDFF5.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Phil,

Excellent photos of great trucks but without doubt my favourite would be the white 40 with a full roll cage!

I don't know enough about 80s to be able to comment as to which is best but the mechanical configuration is excellent without all the ridiculous electronics of the later models. When one is in the middle of nowhere and something fails with 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s(early) and 80s they can be fixed or find a workaround to get out of trouble. They are old school. There are plenty of members on here who are very knowledgeable regarding the 80s.

My white BJ40 (1975) has a 2H, 5 spd, HJ axles and PS, P38 coil front suspension and was a retired winch race truck when we bought it with no doors, widened wings and slab tailgate but had a full FIM roll cage. There is a thread on here (40 section) about her rebuild - Evolution of my 40. It's our only vehicle we we do use her on the desert trails as well.

Tell us about your trucks, particularly the 40

Regards,

Rodger

Back