Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hi there

HauptRenate

erm, no, won't be going to Lincomb Farm because some T*** broke into my vehicle over night; I don't think they stole anything, but they'd tried to force a way in through the front passenger door lock - Beast didn't budge, so they then smashed in the little side window on rear passenger side and opened the doors from within,they then proceeded to trash the inside and finally, the most horrendous bit, they tried to hot wire it but it failed and in the process they broke the steering column, trashed the front drive, so I can't drive it at all. All the gears are seemingly in working order but it didn't feel right, and when I tried to drive it, it went about two feet than that was it, it was hard to reverse back into the parking place it had just occupied, and I couldn't turn the wheels properly and the steering wheel seems loose, as if its just hanging there unable to do anything.
I think the drive shafts have somehow been disengaged, and the diff is probably so f****d too. Its not so much the breaking in, its the fact that they tried to mess with the igniton and tried to hot wire it and steal it.
Its now going to be towed to the nearest secure AA breakdown compound so it won't be driven (I can't anyway; it is in an undrivable unsafe state) for a while.
Sorry to have to report this, but I was wondering whether any of you have had similar experiences? so by a process of elimination I can maybe work out with you guys what might have been/has been broken? and how much it is likely to cost to fix it? The insurance will pay for some of it probably.
Any advise or help is gratefully accepted.
Regards
Renate

Hi Renate,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune :cry: Hopefully your 80 (you have an 80 right?) can be fixed without too much difficulty or cost.
Not sure what the problem might be but I wouldn't have thought that the diffs or drive-shafts would have been affected. Sounds like the steering column might have sustained some damage though.
Have you checked that the Low range gear-lever is in the correct position? If they fiddled with this, it is possible that it's in neutral, hence no drive.

Obviously you'll need the ignition electrics tidied up and perhaps the immobiliser system looked at - seems likely they would have fiddled with it.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted soon!

Cheers,

Sorry to hear about this Renate - I hope they find them & string them up nice & high when they find them...

I can't assist with the fixing but I'm sure that it will be feasible...

A bientot

Sorry to hear about yout LC. Scum the lot of them, I have never understood why these b******s need to detroy other peoples property :x

Sorry can't help with the fix, but hope you get it sorted soon

Back