Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi to all toyota landcruiser owners .

Riaz

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi I have toyota landcruiser HDJ100R-GNPEZW. Year 2000 done over 500, 000 km I am the second owner has been a road vehicle I have a leak from my rear pinion seal any advice on how to change. Thanks

Hello back to you, you've come to the right place, some amazing knowledge here. Billy Westley

Hi Riaz, welcome to the forum!

I'm not going to be able to assist too much, but if anyone can, and I'm sure they will offer to, they will want to know exactly where your leak is located.

Rear pinion suggests the rear differential where the pinion (attached to the rear propeller shaft) enters the diff casing. Am I correct?

Otherwise it could be rear pinion on the transfer box, or some other rear pinion... there's several.

It's rear diff pinion seal . This is where the drive shaft bolts to with flange has 4 bolts I got the seal out and the bearing seems the bearings worn out need help to but them together please.

Hi everyone I have put everything back together replaced bearing and seal torque pinion nut to 90 ft lb test drive no problem no leaks the thud I should to have accelerating and decelerating from the drive shaft is gone I was only able to do this for the first time I went through all the thread based on rear pinion seal thanks to all for posting the information. The truck has 527000km. Still goes very well no problem with the engine.

Back