Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hi you guys

G

Hi Steve
Your very welcome to our little friendly club. I hope you will enjoy it as much as the rest of us do. There is a day out coming up soon on the 20th in Salisbury which you may be interested in especially for your first day off road. You will have all the help you need and lots and lots of nice people to talk to. So do go and have a good day if you can. Im not allowed to go cause im a pest and wreck every ones heads.
You really have a nice cruiser to start your long obsession with all that is cruiser stuff. Your dead right get the snorkel and the big tyres and the suspension and you will just feel great. We can all help you to make all the right choices and you will see a different cruiser both in looks and in handling. The guys are absolutly great here. Look forward to hearing from you.
John C
92HDJ 80 1HDT Ireland
----- Original Message -----
To: [Email address removed]
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 9:57 PM
Subject: [ELCO] hi you guys
Hi guys my name is steve tandy and ive just got myself my first 4x4. Its a 1997 toyota landcruiser vx amazon :) Shes got 88k on the clock and is a petrol auto. So far i have only done about 400 miles in her all on tarmack and cant wait to have a play offroad. ive checked the diff locks today and they seem to work ok which is a bit of a bonus as ive herd lots of horror storys on the ih8 mud site. I need to replace all of the tyres and am thinking about a 2 inch suspension lift and a nice arb bumper. I have never been offroad before but allready im thinking about snorkles big tyres and lifts. This hobby is going to ruin me im sure :). So what do you think guys what tyres with a 2 inch lift?
thx for listening see you all soon
steve
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.13/124 - Release Date: 07/10/2005

Hey steve
What do you get to the litre in the petrol.
John C
92HDJ 80 1HDt ireland
----- Original Message -----
To: [Email address removed]
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 9:57 PM
Subject: [ELCO] hi you guys
Hi guys my name is steve tandy and ive just got myself my first 4x4. Its a 1997 toyota landcruiser vx amazon :) Shes got 88k on the clock and is a petrol auto. So far i have only done about 400 miles in her all on tarmack and cant wait to have a play offroad. ive checked the diff locks today and they seem to work ok which is a bit of a bonus as ive herd lots of horror storys on the ih8 mud site. I need to replace all of the tyres and am thinking about a 2 inch suspension lift and a nice arb bumper. I have never been offroad before but allready im thinking about snorkles big tyres and lifts. This hobby is going to ruin me im sure :). So what do you think guys what tyres with a 2 inch lift?
thx for listening see you all soon
steve
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.13/124 - Release Date: 07/10/2005

Hi Steve,
Welcome.
The best bet would be to stick the gas tank under the boot and shift the
spare tyre to a carrier on the back.
On the tyres/suspension side of things, you can get away with 285x70xr16s
without the lift and then can go upto something bigger with the list,
although unless you plan on a lot of off roading I would stick to the 285s
with the lift - anything bigger will really start to affect the gearing
and consumption.
--