Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi

Mike Stonehouse

Another newbie here. I currently don't own a LC but going to see one next week. Its main use will be for a bit of fun, towing a caravan :oops: and possibly a bit of easy laning.
The LC I am going ot look at is supposed to a 2001, one owner, with 50K on and main stealer service history for the whole of its life. The pics look great but I suppose we will see later
Is there an obvious way to see if it is an import? apart from the documents

Welcome!

You don't say which LC you getting. Guessing a 90 (Colorado) if its a 2001 or a 100 series (Amazon). :?:
As for the 90, the imports were called Prado's and they had a locking rear diff. The UK spec only had a CD locker. Someone with more knowledge of the two may trundle along soon for more info. :)

Crispin said:
Welcome!

You don't say which LC you getting. Guessing a 90 (Colorado) if its a 2001 or a 100 series (Amazon). :?:
As for the 90, the imports were called Prado's and they had a locking rear diff. The UK spec only had a CD locker. Someone with more knowledge of the two may trundle along soon for more info. :)

Other way round mate, UK Spec the Colorado had centre and rear diff lockers. The imports called the Prado were centre only.

But anyway, welcome....

Crispin said:
Someone with more knowledge of the two may trundle along soon for more info. :)

Like I said ;)

Tommo&Claire said:
[quote="Crispin":3t4kav5j]Welcome!

Other way round mate, UK Spec the Colorado had centre and rear diff lockers. The imports called the Prado were centre only.

[/quote:3t4kav5j]

and that is not set in stone, there has been imported Prado's with a rear diff lock, same as the 80 there are some imports around with Toyota front and rear diff locks.

24Seven said:
Tommo&Claire said:
[quote="Crispin":3gzyozk6]Welcome!

and that is not set in stone, there has been imported Prado's with a rear diff lock, same as the 80 there are some imports around with Toyota front and rear diff locks.[/quote:3gzyozk6]

I was under the impression that they were added extras i.e. requested by customers?

Either way, yes there are anomalies but it's a more than adequate rule of thumb!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thank you very much everybody. It is a 2001, 4.2TD Amazon that I am going to look at if it doesn't get sold before we get there.

Welcome Mike!

Mike Stonehouse said:
It is a 2001, 4.2TD Amazon that I am going to look at if it doesn't get sold before we get there.
In that case it should have a rear diff-lock.

Check that the AHC (auto height control) works properly as it's expensive to fix and replacing with non-adjustable suspension is also £££. As it will almost certainly be an auto, check that the gearbox behaves itself when warm, especially when coasting to a halt. Have a read of the 100 section, which should give you some pointers.

Cheers,

Got one at last! :thumbup: It is a 2002 GX amazon diesel, with a genuine 48K and one owner from new. Just getting used to it and will get it waxoyled up before winter sets in. Also a small amount of rust on the inner edge of the tailgate but nothing that can't be cured.
Thanks for the replies

Holy thread ressurection BatMan!!!! :p

Welcome back, glad you have managed to find one, where's the pics??? :p

Cheers

Back