Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi!

Ben Freeman

Country Flag
united_states
Ben, here. I'm brand new to the forum and to Land Cruisers.

I've admired Cruisers from a distance for years and finally acquired my first one last week! It's a 1988 FJ62 with 174k miles.

This will be a daily driver for me and I hope to do a [slow], true to original, restoration over time.

I've worked on my own cars for years but this is my first 4x4 SUV. Looking forward to diving into the fun [and challenges] that accompany these vehicles.

IMG_7001.JPG IMG_6997.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to this friendly forum Ben. Nice 60 series you've got there. Love the thumb to blank the number plate! :) I've not seen that done that way before. Have a search for a thread with the words "total reconditioning' by a member called Oding where he has one of those completely apart to refurbish.

Look forward to hearing more and seeing more photos as you go through the truck and use it for whatever you have planned. Bet it puts a smile on your face.

Best wishes

Richard

A wonderful heap of old iron you've got there, Ben. A real classic. I like it when you say "true to original", as I've seen many of these modified with fender flares, side steps, scoops or huge bull bars, or other addons, destroying the clean lines.
How is it with rust and salted roads in Oklahoma? And if you want to keep this piece of antiquity, I suppose you need to protect it from tornadoes and hail storms as well.
How is the engine?
Congratulations with a good looking jewel of Land Cruiser history.

Nice truck, welcome to the forum Ben :thumbup:

Rich is right, Oding in the Philippines, did a wonderful multi-page thread of a 60 total strip-down and re-build, with very practical advice, as it goes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks @uHu!

It's completely rust free, really clean. Of course I'll be sure to get it washed after any time we've had salt on the roads.

Engine is in great shape, runs like a top!

A wonderful heap of old iron you've got there, Ben. A real classic. I like it when you say "true to original", as I've seen many of these modified with fender flares, side steps, scoops or huge bull bars, or other addons, destroying the clean lines.
How is it with rust and salted roads in Oklahoma? And if you want to keep this piece of antiquity, I suppose you need to protect it from tornadoes and hail storms as well.
How is the engine?
Congratulations with a good looking jewel of Land Cruiser history.

Back