Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi

Gandalf1985

Country Flag
united_states
Hello. New member - name is Jim and the location is New Mexico. Vehicle is a 1985
FJ60; 279k miles; 5 speed Toyota tranny; all original and I love it. Regards.

Hey. Welcome! 35 years in and original is pretty good going. Look forward to seeing pics in due course.

Welcome aboard Jim, guessing you’ve got a fair bit of snow in New Mexico just now ... :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcoming comments. I have been a car-guy since I bought my first car, a 1949 Ford coupe with a flathead V8, back in high school. I promptly lowered the front and added dual glass pack mufflers. Pig heaven for a 16 year old. Tastes change over the years. Sold my 1971 VW camper to acquire the FJ60. To do over again I would keep the camper and just added the FJ60. Ah well, as my dear mother used to say, "Too soon we get old and too late we get smart." Couple of FJ60 photos attached. Thanks again.

Gandalf1.JPG Gandalf3.JPG

Clive: New Mexico does get its share of snow in the North and at higher elevations. Here in Albuquerque snow is usually passing and is gone the next day. My FJ60 is a life-long ABQ resident and the tin worm is not an issue thus far.

Back