Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi

Cam70

Country Flag
scotland
Hi guys.

New to Toyota Land Cruisers, I have always wanted an 80 series and now going to start looks for one so any advice would be welcomed

Prices seem to be all over the place and there seems to be the 12v or 24v engine debate.

cheers Campbell

Well firstly welcome. Let's see if we can help you with your search. But just to clarify something really quickly ; there isn't a 12v or 24v engine debate. All there is, is a 'is it decent for the money question?'
Whether it's 12v, 24v auto, manual, import or UK spec, all it needs to be is decent. An 80 series is an 80 series. Forget all of this BS about which is the best to get. Buy the first good one that you find. What constitutes a 'good one' is well covered on here already. as long as it's an 80 and says Landcruiser on it somewhere it will good enough. The more you are tied to choices the harder you will make it. So if it has to be 12v, manual, in green, with less than 100k and full service history with only one lady owner, you will be looking for the golden unicorn. Prices make little sense some days. It's a daft market at times. Remember that the newest one you'll find is still well over 20 years old. Personally, I'm rubbish at anything to do with body work and there are plenty out there that need attention in this department. Mechanically there's nothing that can't be fixed. So I'd prioritise body work over mechanicals. If you happen to own a body shop then, well.... you'll be fine. There is some crap put there but we're here to steer you through that. No one's going to steal it from underneath you, so if you see something, post it and we'll comment.
Some of the ones in Scotland are unfortunately utter rot boxes.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply .

I am well used to owning Land Rover’s so I am sure most 80’s will be better .

I certainly don’t expect to find one that’s perfect just looking for something that’s been well looked after and honest vehicle, it’s not and everyday car just something we can use at the weekend for trips with the kids and hopefully some European trips.

Well that's a great start as an idea, but finding that vehicle still isn't the easiest thing. There are some good ones about and some rubbish. But like I said, we can steer you on that.

Incidentally, when repyling you only need to type into the box at the bottom of the thread. Don't use the quote or reply buttons. It just repeats what's already been said

Back