Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hiccup I hope

G

Hi Guys
While driving on a motorway today for about 30 minutes I came to one of those horrible toll gates.
I stopped and put the cruiser in P to pay the toll.
When I put it in D it died.
I tried it for the next ten minutes and it kept dieing when put in D.
After the guy came alone and deverted traffic away from me I tried several more time and it dies.
I then tried twice leaving it in P and bringing the revs to 2500 or there abouts for a few seconds. A good hard rev.
The next time I tried it it drove off as if nothing had happened at all.
So my question is why could this happen and then go away so quick, any ideas would be great as I am now waiting for it to die again all today which is making me a nervious wreck.
cheers
john 92HDJ 80 1HDT

I had a diesel omega that used to stall when hot.
There was a sensor that was out of whack on the diesel injection pump
I never did fix it, but the cure was to pour 5L of cold water over the pump,
that would cool it enough to start.
Hope it helps
Andy

Hi Andy
Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking it could have been a bit of dirt that I eventually dislodged when i revved it hard.
I did have problems with the IP a few times but did not want to steer the answers in that direction if there could be other options.
So if it could be a sensor why only when I put it in D and not in P, (load sensor maybe).
cheers
john 92HDJ 80 1HDT
----- Original Message -----
To: [Email address removed]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:16 PM
Subject: RE: [ELCO] hiccup I hope
I never did fix it, but the cure was to pour 5L of cold water over the pump, that would cool it enough to start.

Hope it helps
Andy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.4/1394 - Release Date: 23/04/2008 19:16

Hi Guys
I have been on to a couple of guys by phone regarding the issue I had yesterday and they seem perplexed that it would do that to start with.
As all these places are 60 odd miles away I cant get to them easly and anyway they dont have a drop in service.
But I was asked what my part number is for the fuel pump, is it electronic or manual pump, is there a (petemotomener) I know spelling is bad, on it.
So if any one knows the pump number that would be great as I looked it up but cant find it anywhere.
Is the IP different in the 1HDT and later model of engine.
cheers
john
----- Original Message -----
To: [Email address removed]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:16 PM
Subject: RE: [ELCO] hiccup I hope
I never did fix it, but the cure was to pour 5L of cold water over the pump, that would cool it enough to start.

Hope it helps
Andy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.4/1394 - Release Date: 23/04/2008 19:16

Back