HID or Xenon replacement/upgrade headlights available for 100 series without a kit?

Otis1971 Jul 22, 2014

1. Otis1971

Otis1971 New Member I am in united_states

Map
    I'm in the US and looking for a HID or Xenon headlight replacement that does not require me to cut the existing headlight reflectors. I would prefer to purchase a complete headlight system that is a direct bolt in replacement and put my OEM headlights on the shelf in my garage in case I ever needed to change back. I've looked on line but can't find a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. THis is a difficult one as there are separate bulbs for high / low beam.
    I have installed HIDS to both, and if im not using high beem for about 5 mins or longer, the high beam take a few seconds to ignite to full light.

3. Otis1971

Otis1971 New Member I am in united_states

Map
    Brian, thanks for the insight on the high beams.

4. C11ONX

C11ONX Member

Map
    I have bought a hid kit from hid direct uk. A straight plug and play no cutting required. Best money I have ever spent

5. grantw

grantw Well-Known Member Supporter

Map
    We demand pics! :D

6. C11ONX

C11ONX Member

Map
    If I know how I would.
    I have 100w in my main beam as I don't really use now I have hid. But useful for flashing other drivers or giving them full beam when their being [email protected]

7. C11ONX

C11ONX Member

Map
  8. C11ONX

C11ONX Member

Map
  9. C11ONX

C11ONX Member

Map
    Quite bright. Just the dipped hid beam on the 3rd lowest setting for the lights

10. Towpack

Towpack Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    LED bulbs are now coming on the market for reasonable prices. Brighter than Zenon/Halogen, as bright as HID's without the heat and no ballasts to fit. Plus the life expectancy is something like 50000 hrs and you get instant full power lighting with no warmup period as in HID's. Thinking of trying a set on the bike and if they're as good as advertised, might try some in the LC.

11. BobMurphy

BobMurphy Well-Known Member I am in scotland

Map
    You need serious lights on a ZZR1400 :whistle:.

(As I recall, one with a 'Power Commander' chip achieved 204 mph at Bruntingthorpe Airfield :shock:).

BMW 'GS' man myself :icon-cool:.

Bob.

12. I put LED lights in my fog lights from HIDs Direct, nice and white n brite

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter