Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hidden Feature? Wing Mirror Drop when Reversing

mitalm

Country Flag
uk
Engaged this by happy accident, if you leave the wing mirror adjustment selector switch to the right then when you put the car into reverse the wing mirrors on both sides of the vehicle will drop to help view the lower rear edges of the car! They will move back up after coming out of reverse.

The wing mirrors won't drop if you leave the selector in the central position. So I've just left it on the right permanently.

I checked the manual to see if this feature is listed but doesn't seem to be noted in there. Maybe everyone already knows this but it's not obvious to engage this functionality. :thumbup:

This is on a face lift 100 series btw.

That is standard on all 100s, afaik. Let's se if we can find other hidden features.

1 is the adjustment for the seat and the steering wheel - If you want to check if the end stop switches work, you press the button 10 times rapidly and the adjuster motor will move as far a possible, past the end stop switch. Could give you another cm of adjustment.

Next?

PS: Are you using the memory function for seat, steering wheel and mirrors position?

Good to know! It just wasn't noted anywhere sensible so thought it might be worth mentioning! :)

Yes I'm using the memory function for those, comes in handy between myself and my fiancee.

I'm sure I'll be able to report back with other hidden bits soon, only owned the vehicle for 2 weeks haha!

Engaged this by happy accident, if you leave the wing mirror adjustment selector switch to the right then when you put the car into reverse the wing mirrors on both sides of the vehicle will drop to help view the lower rear edges of the car! They will move back up after coming out of reverse.

The wing mirrors won't drop if you leave the selector in the central position. So I've just left it on the right permanently.

I checked the manual to see if this feature is listed but doesn't seem to be noted in there. Maybe everyone already knows this but it's not obvious to engage this functionality. :thumbup:

This is on a face lift 100 series btw.
That's interesting, I didn't know that. My 100 is 2001 but it may be the same for all, fingers crossed. I shall investigate. The battery is flat at the mo so I will check when recharged.

This really confused me in the first few months of ownership - sometimes they were dropping, sometimes not. Took me a while to figure out that the adjuster has to be in the left or right and not centre position. It's good that it can be turned off, sometimes it can be really annoying when reversing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not a goer on my 1998. Sorely disappointed. Now I have to keep turning my head.

Looks like it was a feature from a certain year onwards. It definitely came in handy on the recent trip so I'm very glad I found the feature!

Back