Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Higgys 80 restor/project

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Well I thought id post a few pics up of my project.. The first pic is the Hateful locking wheel nut thing that I wasted half a day on.. the rest are pics of what im going to spend the rest of my life on , by the looks of things..I was going to write a comment after each pic but it loaded them all in one go...

DSCF9541.JPG DSCF9542.JPG DSCF9543.JPG DSCF9544.JPG DSCF9545.JPG DSCF9547.JPG DSCF9551.JPG DSCF9552.JPG DSCF9553.JPG

nice one higgy. it will be worth it in the end. she will be up and running for the spring.
welcome to the brother hood of 80 ownership!:thumbup:

nice one higgy. it will be worth it in the end. she will be up and running for the spring.
welcome to the brother hood of 80 ownership!:thumbup:
Thanks Mike, It looks pretty rough but im amazed how solid the chassis is, its a shame about those rear panels. But its common im told. Im looking forward to the challenge..... How Hard can it Be?:doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Mike, It looks pretty rough but im amazed how solid the chassis is, its a shame about those rear panels. But its common im told. Im looking forward to the challenge..... How Hard can it Be?:doh:
yes it is, on every 80 I have in the yard they are shot,bar one. my daily driver included.
another spot is the front corner of the wings. the chassis are very good.

On the plus side repairs are fairly well hidden behind rear bumper so if not perfect its not a big problem. Now you have a real landcruiser. That wont stir up a shitstorm will it !!!!!!

On the plus side repairs are fairly well hidden behind rear bumper so if not perfect its not a big problem. Now you have a real landcruiser. That wont stir up a shitstorm will it !!!!!!
Iv got a plan with those rear panels.... Cut em off up to the underneath of the plastic arch ... and be done with.. The old bumper corners wont be going back on.. I thought the 60 series was the only real Land Cruiser....LOL

Good luck Higgy, an exciting project. Keep ticking things off the list and it will be done before you know it

Good luck Higgy, an exciting project. Keep ticking things off the list and it will be done before you know it
Thanks Ben.. my original plan was to get it to MOT status, then have it as a running project.. I think my plans may have to change.. Hey Ho! ever the optimist ....... Crack on!

Thanks Ben.. my original plan was to get it to MOT status, then have it as a running project.. I think my plans may have to change.. Hey Ho! ever the optimist ....... Crack on!
is it that bad higgy? nice that its up for restoration rather than heading to the breakers yard.

Higgy could you get a local locksmith to have a go at the locking wheel nuts as you only pay for success brilliant idea for the ramp think you will have a few of us looking for top deck car transporters best of luck with the repairs

Higgy could you get a local locksmith to have a go at the locking wheel nuts as you only pay for success brilliant idea for the ramp think you will have a few of us looking for top deck car transporters best of luck with the repairs
Iv sorted the locking wheel nuts now Steve, Iv just one left that's being stuborn even if I had the right Key its going to be a Pig..

You know who to blame for the dilemma you are in don't you?? :lol:

Iv got a plan with those rear panels.... Cut em off up to the underneath of the plastic arch ... and be done with.. The old bumper corners wont be going back on.. I thought the 60 series was the only real Land Cruiser....LOL

Quite a few have squared that section level instead of re creating the original profile with no adverse effects, probably a good mod and saves a ton of time.

Nice project - does the Mrs know you have a new mistress?

There is no one to blame Andy.. I love it and all its little faults.. It Looks rusty but believe me its solid.. It was a good find Chap:thumbup:

Good stuff, I must have driven past it both ways 3-4 times a week for the past 4 years and never thought to call. It was only 10 yards off the road too.

Back