Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

High idle

isaacwitton

Country Flag
australia
Hi Guys, was having a high idle problem.
Replaced the Idle air control and it seemed to fix it. But just did a service: oil, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter.
And it is back to warm idle in park of 1500+ and just above 1000 in drive.

Will this sort itself out as the ecu learns what the new norm is?

Cheers

Is it possible you disturbed a vacuum line? Or maybe left the MAF unplugged? Even cold start idle is max. 1200rpm on mine. I'm not sure what in that list could cause the idle to go up so much unless you perhaps previously had a massively clogged air filter or something.

I replaced my rocker cover gaskets recently. I left a tiny vacuum line off at the rear of the upper plenum which caused a 1500rpm idle. Worth checking them all as AdventureWagon suggested.

Thanks so much guys, I just had a look and this hose was off, the little one to the right. I'll let you know if it fixed it.
IMG_20211013_182823.jpg

Brilliant mate, I think this is maybe an idle up line for the power steering

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I reckon it supplies manifold vacuum to the IAC valve, The power steering vacuum pipes are on the front of the engine from the air box area to the pump if fitted.

Just been out to the car and had a look, not the IAC but a vacuum actuator on the throttle body. There are a lot of vacuum pipes!

Cool. Yes there's a mad number of vacuum lines for what is a fairly simple 80s tech atmo petrol engine. It's at Ford Explorer levels of vacuum lines!

Plus all the evap hoses etc and the odd capped off lines off the throttle/manifold interface!

Back