Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

High level brake light.

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
I've seen a few 80's with high level brake lights. Were these a JDM thing or a lexus option ? (see below)
Does anyone have any part numbers if thats the case or suggest a suitable aftermarket option ?
I need reposition lighting ready for a rear wheel carrier.

Thanks

80double__61159_1300335658_1280_1280.jpg

I have one on mine. There are several parts.
From memory,
2 brackets the unit screws to
1 light bar
1 cover
2 removable plastic rivets.

This won't help with your indicators or number plate being covered by the bike rack though HW. How about a tail board or lights and plate fitted to the rack base? I've seen these that plug into the towing socket.

I have one on the green 80. I know it was retro fitted but I'm not sure of its real value.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hella have some nice Aftermarked ones that do the trick

I recently purchaed some in LED with 2 rows of LED, much like the brake light. Not fitted yet though

Hella have some nice Aftermarked ones that do the trick

I recently purchaed some in LED with 2 rows of LED, much like the brake light. Not fitted yet though

I was going to use the same sort of thing, let me know what you tap into for the light or if there is a loom in the headliner.

I was going to use the same sort of thing, let me know what you tap into for the light or if there is a loom in the headliner.

If the loom is not there then it is not a problem. In the left hand panel where the jack is you can access the wires there. Just follow them up to the rear window wash pipe to the tailgate.

regards

Dave

If the loom is not there then it is not a problem. In the left hand panel where the jack is you can access the wires there. Just follow them up to the rear window wash pipe to the tailgate.

regards

Dave

Cheers Dave :) I've got a 3rd interior light to mount so ill be having a rummage above the headliner but your way is probably gonna be the one.

I have fitted the third interior light, I got another middle one from @karl webster. IIRC, I found the wire for the OE interior lights came from the right hand pillar between the doors? Just connected into that and run the wires to rear, it works as the others do, i.e. on when door open and with manual control if need be.

Fitted them all with LED's and looks the 'mutts nuts' at night when getting people on board.

regards

Dave

Last edited:
Back