Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

High Lift Jack Mount?

Bobby

Country Flag
honduras
How do you mount your jacks to the sides for your 40s? I know Kaymar makes a mount, but it costs more than the jack itself. any alternatives? Thanks guys!

Hi Bobby,

There is chap in Oz who is supposed to be making the screen mounts/step kit for hi-lift jacks. I messaged him a while back but have heard nothing.
The other alternative is a mount that fits onto the spare wheel. Looked at sor.com but they don't appear to list but Euro4x4parts do.
http://euro4x4parts.com/toyota_parts/landcruiser_series_40
part number 6LE1019
They also do weldable step mounts and lockable screen attachments.
Maybe you could create something suitable from their stuff.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Rodger

Hi Bobby,

There is chap in Oz who is supposed to be making the screen mounts/step kit for hi-lift jacks. I messaged him a while back but have heard nothing.
The other alternative is a mount that fits onto the spare wheel. Looked at sor.com but they don't appear to list but Euro4x4parts do.
http://euro4x4parts.com/toyota_parts/landcruiser_series_40
part number 6LE1019
They also do weldable step mounts and lockable screen attachments.
Maybe you could create something suitable from their stuff.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Rodger
thanks roger much appreciated.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just spotted a front bumper mounting kit (actually for a CJ) on www.megastore4x4.pt but it may adapt and would undoubtedly be cheaper in the US.
It is shown under 'Accesories Diverse'
Mounted as shown would not be legal in Spain but maybe okay in the US.

I am looking for these mountings too, as currently my hi-lift travels inside but I would need to modify my LH mirror arm if I went the step mount as we live in a narrow street (I fold that mirror to access). Similarly I don't have my spare mounted on the rear as it would stick out too far (same reason). The bumper option may work for me but I'd need to mount it on top of the bumper.

Regards,

Rodger

I just spotted a front bumper mounting kit (actually for a CJ) on www.megastore4x4.pt but it may adapt and would undoubtedly be cheaper in the US.
It is shown under 'Accesories Diverse'
Mounted as shown would not be legal in Spain but maybe okay in the US.

I am looking for these mountings too, as currently my hi-lift travels inside but I would need to modify my LH mirror arm if I went the step mount as we live in a narrow street (I fold that mirror to access). Similarly I don't have my spare mounted on the rear as it would stick out too far (same reason). The bumper option may work for me but I'd need to mount it on top of the bumper.

Regards,

Rodger
I debated with possibly mounting it to my spare also, especially because its so hard to come across a simple mount for the side, but i think ill wait until i get back to honduras (where my 40 is) and have someone fab one for me. hopefully it wont interfere with my mirror, but we'll see! thanks again!

Back