Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

High/Low Crunch!

Gasmanjc

Country Flag
australia
Anyone get this noise when Selecting Low or back to High range? Haven't noticed it before
Any Ideas? Im thinking some stripped teeth.

Manual or Auto? Are you in Neutral with clutch depressed of manual? Just sounds like a bit of rotation is going on there. The transfer box doesn't have synchros so would crunch a little if there is any rotation going on which can happen in neutral due to the oil in the gearbox transmitting a tiny amount of drive through to the transfer box.

I have a few "clunks" when changing. I assume you're in neural there. I did do it by accident when was rolling and put it in neutral. Made horrible sounds :(

Yeah was in Neutral , Auto box. Tried again this arvo and it didnt make a sound. Im gonna say the box was still cold is the cause. I pretty much started it up and switched to low straight away. After a 25 min drive it was perfect. I can stop panicking now! Thanks for the responses Guys

Cold thick oil, that'll do it.
Glad you can relax and enjoy your Cruiser now. :)

Sometimes happens in my hilux
I turn engine off if it does, and then it shifts fine

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Getting the Auto serviced shortly for peace of mind. Doing 4x4 park/camp next month so I want no problems

Getting the Auto serviced shortly for peace of mind. Doing 4x4 park/camp next month so I want no problems
Nothing wrong with looking after it. Just make sure no dirt gets in whatsoever. The auto boxes are very strong. Bomb proof is how Chris describes those in the 80.

It's a cruiser, what problems?

Had mine going on 3 years and it has always done that. 110k 2010 auto.

Back