Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hilux

Ex emergency services vehicles can be good buys if you find the right one, and this looks decent. As for the winch, I've seen jobs like this on several fire services landcruisers and troopers here.. built strong!

It does look decent, I prefer a more discreet winch lol.

The stuff in the back would work well and be easily changed around.
aircon in the rear compartment too would be handy if travel to hot climates.

I was actually looking at a mountain rescue Hilux at our local agricultural show today. Brand new unit only out of the box. Had a lovely drawer set up in the bed for all the gear, very heavy duty, and fully integrated canopy with side boxes, 240v connection the works. They do spec them highly

Yeah they do seem to build them to a high spec and look after them.

Been looking at hilux's and that one caught my attention, was a really nice black one too but standard.

Trouble is, emergency service Toyotas don't come up for sale too often, they last too long! Local ambulance service has a 1998 Colorado 95 they use for rapid response, still going strong

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Our local fire service has a mint series 3 hilux - by far the best i have seen. A retained fire officer in our office has been charged with letting me know if its ever for sale

I'd say the owner of that last one spent all his money on how it looked leaving non for maintenance which is a shame because wheels tyres and fibreglass don't justify the price he's asking .

Yeah says it's been for their business, wants an engine basically and would make a nice motor with some tlc imo, does need to be cheaper though as you say Shayne.

What he's done with it in looks is what i would like to do to an 80 .

I want the same for my shorty but it just doesn't make sense to weaken the front end with that much offset , i'm running 16x10 with a -35 offset 305/70 and i was actually sad to learn upon fitting them that i don't need a wider arch .

It's the stage I'd got to with the last trooper, bought the 35's for it (they're now on the 80) lined up a set of patrol axles to go live axle up front, investigated wider arches etc. Decided sod it I'll buy the 80 I wanted after the 1st trooper and save myself the hassle lol.

think this is the one run by a guy from HPOC called oily bits, there's stuff about it on there. He ran it on exclusively on biofuel despite everyones advice and shagged it basically! Once shagged he went on there asking for advice and then got the arse with everyone that offered any. Needs a new engine. It hasn't been well looked after, it's been shagged!

Back