Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hiya

Rodger

Hi all,

Had my BJ40 for over 8 years now. Some of you have seen it around - mostly at Lincomb Farm - and it has an HJ60 engine, box and axles. I work on it in the winter and run it in the summer.
full

I seem to be able to do most of my oen restoration work but I can't work out to post an avatar!

Regards,
Rodger
Bj40 with Hj60 running gear

Hi Rodger, nice to see you here. Your avatar needs to be hosted somewhere on the internet to be able to get it on here I think.

Thanks Jon. The photo that I wanted to post was in Photobox as is the shot for my avatar... I thought you clicked on 'Img' entered the url address and then closed it with 'Img' for photos in the text. Similarly for the avatar just post the url address without the 'IMG' stuff. But I'm obviously doing something wrong. Please advise.

I'd like to get this right cos I'm trying to create a piece with pics of the evolution of my 40 and later, if it helps anyone, detailed shots re some of the work we've done (I say 'we've' because I'm lucky - my wife spends nearly as much time in the garage as I do working on the truck with me!)

Many thanks
Rodger
BJ40

If you look at your pic's properties, you'll see that it has a 'photid=nnnnnnnn'. What you need is the photo name, ending in '.jpg' - then it should work :D

And welcome to the forum!!!

Hello Rodger

You did post the correct forum code, I'm guessing your folder where the photos are may not be a public folder?

This is what you posted.

Code:
[img]http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=1340200366[/img]

When you try and setup an avatar, I'm guessing again but it should be with the size limits of the forum is yours to large?

Avatars are to be no larger than 100 x 100 pixels and no larger than 250Kb

I can resize a photo for you if needed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Matt,
I've tried re-sizing the piccy on the photobax site and although it says it's down to 90 pixels it comes up too large for the avatar.
Could I take you up on your offer to re-size the piccy for me? How?

I'll try the other image I was trying to post
37290395ed51a9bd0f47a54dc80a8a80bd3fc908032e34d8d2f72a36c5774de19b2cf1a1.jpg

Rodger
BJ40

??? Why did that one come out as a thumbnail?

Got to go to work now.
Rodger
BJ40

You could always do what I have done, put it in your signature. I can never get it small enough to get it in the avatar.

Steve

If you use photobucket, click on "resize" and you can enter in the top boxes 90 x 90 and it does it for you. Or just put in 90 in the first box and it autofills the second to keep it in proportion.
It will look incredibly tiny but is a bit larger after it has been saved, just right for the avatar

Rodger Attaway said:
Hi Matt,
I've tried re-sizing the piccy on the photobax site and although it says it's down to 90 pixels it comes up too large for the avatar.
Could I take you up on your offer to re-size the piccy for me? How?

I'll try the other image I was trying to post
37290395ed51a9bd0f47a54dc80a8a80bd3fc908032e34d8d2f72a36c5774de19b2cf1a1.jpg

Rodger
BJ40

Hello Rodger

Is that the photo you want to use? if not

You could either give me a link to the photo on Photo box or send it to me via email, PM me if you like. :)

Andy Harvey has kindly set up a free place to upload photos if this helps

I have installed a Gallery package on my webspace. URL is http://www.lcc.gallery.landcruiser-rocks.co.uk.

You will need to register to post pictures and it would be best for all if you register using the same username as on here.

You can create albums under your own username - so in the user galleries category under your own gallery which is titled with your username, you could then create multiple albums such as "General", "Trip X", ""Rebuild" etc and then post indicidual pictures to those galleries.

Hope this helps everyone. To link to a picture on here, right click on the picture in the gallery and select properties and you will get the url for it, you can then paste this between the *IMG* tags.

Hi Matt,

The close up of my 40 is the shot I wish to use as my avatar. If you can modify this for my avatar, I would really appreciate it.

For the other photos, I shall open an account with photobucket and sit down with the information that you've kindly sent me but that will be tomorrow when I'm not working.

Many thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Rodger BJ40

Many thanks for sorting out the re-sizing for my avatar and indeed posting it for me. I feel quite spoilt.
Have changed over from Photobox to photobucket and it's much better - very straight forward to create 'evolution of my 40' and the bigger massage body size made it so much easier than when I tried to do this in another place.

Thank you to everyone who helped and recommended the changes. Much appreciated.

This forum has a nice vibe to it!

Regards,

Back