Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ 47 Rebuild

David67

Country Flag
australia
Hi all, we have just picked up a HJ 47 ute. It’s in pretty good condition and will be getting a restoration. I want to do some upgrades so am looking for help on suppliers or clues on what gear I need.
1. Power steering- it’s a 2h 84 model with disc front. Is there a kit I can get or do I just get parts, eg a pump and box off a 60 series
2. Air con- is there a supplier who can help out with this
3. Thinking of a 5 speed. What model fits. Again a 60 series???

There will be heaps of little things I need but I have seen lots of different sites for general parts

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
David

Hi and welcome good look with if we like lot's of pics you can get power steering and 5 speed box out of a HJ60 that is wot I have in my fj45 and love it .:thumbup:

Hi and welcome.
I think you'll find that you could get the under bonnet AC bits from a HJ60 as well but would need to create some outlets and controls in the cab.
Photos please - we like photos
Cheers
Rodger

Hi and welcome.
I think you'll find that you could get the under bonnet AC bits from a HJ60 as well but would need to create some outlets and controls in the cab.
Photos please - we like photos
Cheers
Rodger
Here is the old girl when I picked her up. It appears to have been on the same property since new. The body is straight except for the front guards, and the seats and tray are stuffed. Engine runs like a clock. Having spent its life as a farm truck outside the paint is gone as well. We will get it blasted, body and chassis, and go from there

We are away for school holidays so we will be into it in October
My son has just turned 17 and thinks he wants to be a diesel fitter so this will be great to start teaching him stuff
David

A487A755-E1D2-4717-9963-185039C94A19.jpeg

That a good looking cruiser thanks for the pics good look with it.

Back