Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ 60 1984 .Brake Booster Confusion

Abdul Raqeeb

Country Flag
india
Hello kind sirs,

For those of you who are following my story, I am restoring my family car HJ60 1984 RHD 2H 4000CC Diesel.pretty much all is done to the best of my ability. BUT I need to do a brake booster upgrade .its a rare part to find. Being in india doesnt help either, Anyone out here know what replacement part can be fit in with OEM Master Cylinder ? The OEM booster seems to be discontinued scarcely available and rather Very expensive .aftermarket ones seems to be from all shady websites. Pls Help . I will take you around in my lc if u ever come to my hometown.
Cheers !

Hello Abdul,

Boosters are expensive. But is the problem with yours the booster itself or the non-return valve (which can be purchased separately)?
IMO you may be better checking out your local scrap yards and/or putting a 'wanted' add on here. I do not know of any interchangeability with other models but others on this forum, who have the expertise, may well know.

Regards,

Rodger

Hello Abdul,

Boosters are expensive. But is the problem with yours the booster itself or the non-return valve (which can be purchased separately)?
IMO you may be better checking out your local scrap yards and/or putting a 'wanted' add on here. I do not know of any interchangeability with other models but others on this forum, who have the expertise, may well know.

Regards,

Rodger
Um I had to clean up the boosters multiple times to prevent clogging up of fluids .anyway it runs for the moment .I was just looking for a booster as I am changing the MC .its fine will figure out a local fix if any issues arise .

Thanks

You mention changing the master cylinder and fluids in the booster... that sounds like the rear seal on the MC is leaking, so by changing the MC you may find that the booster problem goes away.

Regards,

Rodger

You mention changing the master cylinder and fluids in the booster... that sounds like the rear seal on the MC is leaking, so by changing the MC you may find that the booster problem goes away.

Regards,

Rodger

Yea that's what am hoping for

If you want to upgrade to a dual booster then you can fit the booster off an 80. There may be a slight difference with the length of the rod that connects to the brake pedal, there's a way around this minor issue by fabricating the connector to be longer and the braking efficiency will be much improved.

Also on my 60 I fitted the bigger later front calipers off a hilux d4d, also hilux surf, lj71 78, 90 series calipers and d4d hilux mk5.. with adjusting the rear drums (at the rear wheels) to give a 3 to 4 click hand brake. You will have killer brakes which have been updated to newer components.. Worth doing!:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back