Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ60 Body Parts

tbird58

Country Flag
new_zealand
I am nearing the completion of the restoration of my HJ60. As the chrome is starting to peel off my existing but otherwise good grille, I would like to get a new or excellent condition used grille complete wth headlight surrounds. This is the four rectangular headlight version. I have been offered a new one out of Netherland but at 700 euro is a bit expensive. Does anyone know of a less expensive option

UK spec 60's didn't have the chrome finish. There are a few imports about but the chrome is probably about as good as yours.

Thanks for the thoughts and comments guys. Unfortunately nobody in New Zealand can rechrome plastic but I have found a new after market grille in USA at half the European price

g'day mate, i'm on my third 60 series now and with a good but light hand sand and some quality eching spray and a quality chrome spray it will come up as good as new and for under $50

I was going to get new light doors for mine, after I had saved enough I discovered that the prices had been doubled, which to be honest is taking the piss, they were already expensive, so I painted mine, using a gunmetal toyota colour. I also did the grill to match and it looks pretty nice, less blingy than the chrome. Pics are a bit dark, the colour is a little lighter in reality.

DSCF3030.JPG
DSCF3036.JPG
DSCF3039.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine are in a similar need Moggy and had the same colour scheme in mind to match the powder coated bumpers and wheels

IMG_4516.JPG

yeh, I was guided by the existing gunmetal finish. The paint I used is Toyota Decuma Grey from Halfrauds

I've also done the rear vents in Halfords matt black

While I was at it I painted the back plates with hammerite as they were very rusty

004.JPG
DSCF3009.JPG
DSCF3018.JPG

View attachment 126149[/QUOTE]

DSCF3009.JPG
DSCF3018.JPG

Last edited:
Your Cruiser looks good Moggy.

I continued searching and found an after market grille in Australia for $A160 plus headlight sorrounds for $A40 each. To avoid contravening copyright some difference has to be made so they leave off the "T" and the "A" from "TOYOTA" so now I am looking for a broken grille that I can cut these letters from and fix them to my new grille

Your Cruiser looks good Moggy.

I continued searching and found an after market grille in Australia for $A160 plus headlight sorrounds for $A40 each. To avoid contravening copyright some difference has to be made so they leave off the "T" and the "A" from "TOYOTA" so now I am looking for a broken grille that I can cut these letters from and fix them to my new grille

Interesting idea!! I would have thought they would have been better off spelling 'YOTA' because then people could have left it at that if they wanted

Back