Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hj60 front winch bumper build

Iwan

Country Flag
wales
After having snow on the ground last wednesday, thought I better sort out my 60 series for the mot!

Since my 60 series has a 65mm body life we decided the best place to fit the winch plate is ontop of the chassis and work it out from there!
Alans porch and 60 bumper 028.jpg

The main aim goal is to try and keep the bumper as compact as really possible.
Alans porch and 60 bumper 034.jpg

Decided to add the 50x50 box to the top of the 100x50 box to raise the top level further up.

Will just add 2 pics as I dont want to loose my attachments!! Many more pics to follow!!:icon-biggrin:

A couple more pics of a bit more progress

Alans porch and 60 bumper 038.jpg
Have thinned out the ends to allow a good approach angle.

Alans porch and 60 bumper 039.jpg

End angles cut ready for a 5mm plate corner. Taking a good form now.:icon-biggrin:

Coming on nicely :icon-biggrin:

Are you planing on getting rid of the sharp edges on the front of the Chasie legs?

Is this one going to make another show at Lincomb this year then?

So the progress upto yesterday, pretty much happy with the format, quite a bit more to do but hope to get it finished today.
Alans porch and 60 bumper 042.jpg

Alans porch and 60 bumper 043.jpg

Pretty good going for 15hrs work so far:icon-biggrin:

Coming on nicely :icon-biggrin:

Are you planing on getting rid of the sharp edges on the front of the Chasie legs?

Is this one going to make another show at Lincomb this year then?

Cheers Karl, pretty chuffed with it. We are going to build the welds up on the corners and then form them to a smoother radius.

It was a good move to cut the corners down on the winch plate as it worked to narrow the front of it and then make the return angles more acute.

Hope to get it on the road next week, so be ready to attend Lincolm!:icon-cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Iwan that progress is looking good and I love the look on the 60 thanks for the pics R you OK from tonytony:thumbup:

Now I see the way your going.

lpoks great.

New winch as well !

Now I see the way your going.

lpoks great.

New winch as well !

Ahh! The winch is the problem! 12v! But perfect for setting up the bumper, I swapped a 24v winchmax 17000lb winch for it off my neighbour. That was way too excessive with needing 8"x 8" of space for it to fit! Need the smaller mounting bolt pattern winch setup in 24v. :doh:

A few more pics of the progress.
60 bumper 001.jpg

Easy to mark out the rest with a template, Mat is a propper pro at this job!:clap:
60 bumper 003.jpg
Pretty much a finished look for it, I like the highup look of it! :icon-biggrin:

Your 60 is proper cool Iwan please post a pic of the full truck next time you have the camera out .

Your 60 is proper cool Iwan please post a pic of the full truck next time you have the camera out .

Cheers Shane! It was with 100's of hours of restoration that made this truck how it is since 2011:icon-biggrin:

full floating axle 007.jpg

Still needs finishing! Lol:think:

Well worth the effort i'm sure thats a truck that will stand out in any crowd :clap:

Well worth the effort i'm sure thats a truck that will stand out in any crowd :clap:

A truer picutre of it when last on the road in 2012.

IMG-20120909-00141.jpg

Heavy Duty!:icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
I would love something like that but i think i'd be terrified to take it off road !

Looking good Iwan :thumbup: You've nailed the look of that bumper it looks OE :icon-smile:

I would love something like that but i think i'd be terrified to take it off road !

Safe as houses mate! I think it had just driven up the pheasant steps earlier that day! Even the disco boys don't do that!lol

Iwan, is that Machylleneth?

I've got friends who's family farm not far away so sort of recognise it if it is that way.

Back