Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hj60 full restoration

Iwan

Country Flag
wales
Last year I made a decision to restore my hj60 which I bought off ebay when I was pissed up!!
It included a body swap and weld up, chassis clean up and paint up, suspension change, body refit with 65mm alu body spacers, then came the rebuilding of doors and a pro respray.
With knowing and doing a job like this, it took pure determination to make it happen to get it finished.
Last november I got it through its mot and when I drive it now I realise that it was made from 2 scrap 60's and 100's of hrs! :D
I have many pictures on a file which I would like to add to show what I and 2 good friends have done.
Any one out there who can assist???

Hi Iwan, lookes bloody well fab. Great colour choice. Get a few current ones up, always like pics of 60's.

Andy :thumbup:

Hi there Andy, glad you like it! After all the phone calls with you, you get to see the process!
Of course the color choice was from your recomentation!!

Cheers again :thumbup:

Lovely restoration, look very nice indeed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great job fellas :clap:

From this:

gtiinterior002.jpg

gtiinterior003.jpg

via this...

howtopainta60001.jpg

howtopainta60002.jpg

to this:

homeanddry002.jpg

homeanddry005.jpg

homeanddry006.jpg

Cheers Gav, for the easy format! The pics take me back! Wheels a little small on all the pics! Got Kumho kl71 33x12.5x15 on 10" modular wheels all round, plastered in mud and a few branch scratches! If you got something, you might as well use it! (Carefully!) :thumbup:

With the interior, I had two sets of interior one set of carpets were very dirty with good seats and the other the opposite! Have a set of original GX floor mats in good condition. So a process of choosing the best and hoovering :ugeek: . Only thing had two drivers seats with usual holes in!

A lot of folk swap the drivers and passenger's seats over, if you've got two passenger seats you might be on to a winner :D

Cheers Tony, it was good to see you today :thumbup:

Hi Iwan thanks for coming to see my it was Great to see you and the lovely HJ60 hop to see you seen Tony.

Back