Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hj60 tyres

walesdale

Supporter
Country Flag
wales
hello, would I be right thinking that the standerd tyre on a 1989 hj60 with alloys would be 235 75 15
I’ve looked on the internet and it’s all about bigger tyres
Thanks

Just as an aside if it comes to it and you want smaller ones - i have 6 brand new KO2 BFG all terrains 235/85R16s.. They have done less than 1,000km. They came with the car. Ideally I would like 285' s

I’ve got 235/85x16 but that’s with a 2 inch lift, I reckon they might be a struggle at standard height, although I’ve run 7.50x16 at standard height and the we’re fine, and looked good. I recon 235x75x15!would look pretty small.

According to a 1987 handbook the tyre sizes for the European trucks was either 205 16 or 31 10 15.

Thanks men, I’ve got 15 wheels with 31 10 15 on, but big for my liking but I might stick with them if they were standerd. I’ll have to see what she looks like with the new springs on

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-L...591421?hash=item1a7ea0687d:g:2bIAAOSwLgBdDgYE... I know its irrelevant but this guy selling original 16" split rims if any 60 owners are interested..235 70 x16

Yep Higgy, I can see selling 3 wheels selling like hot cakes. These wheels are heavy 15+ kg, need tubes and are difficult to balance. I've had a couple of sets, I think I sold the last set ( of 5) for £120, I think the set before Moggy bought for his African trip. Only the very first 60's came with them on in the UK before the standard 6x16 6 spoke ones were adopted.

Thanks men, I’ve got 15 wheels with 31 10 15 on, but big for my liking but I might stick with them if they were standerd. I’ll have to see what she looks like with the new springs on

What springs are you fitting, if they don't have the teflon sliders in to separate the springs at the end ( like OEM ones) the ride will be very hard and never soften up. Do you have OEM ones on at the mo.? I've re furbed OEM ones for a fraction of replacing with after market.
BTW I have some like new Milner rears you can have for £10 if you collect :icon-biggrin:

, the Milner’s springs belong in the skip Andy
I’ve ordered light duty OME springs from Devon 4x4
The OEM Springs are long gone
She currently has 4 of Milner’s finest all round, they should be fined for selling them ☹️, they are that bad, I parked the 60 up for 5 yrs and used my 100 series

, the Milner’s springs belong in the skip Andy
I’ve ordered light duty OME springs from Devon 4x4
The OEM Springs are long gone
She currently has 4 of Milner’s finest all round, they should be fined for selling them ☹️, they are that bad, I parked the 60 up for 5 yrs and used my 100 series

Yep, the Milners ones are forged in the Devils own foundry. The OME ones are pretty much a copy of the OEM ones.

Brilliant Andy, best news I had this week
What’s shocks would you use with the OME?

Bilstein, OME DeCobain or OEM , they are all good. I've had them all in the past and would recommend any of them.

Yep, the Milners ones are forged in the Devils own foundry. The OME ones are pretty much a copy of the OEM ones.
I had a set of milners and they lasted one 6 week Africa trip!
I run OME HD now and very pleased with them, even empty, but they aren’t well rust proofed (as most Oz gear isn’t) so treat them before you fit them.

Back