Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ75 2H diesel 1989 ...........flexible diesel rubber fuel hose size?

Simon Rane

Country Flag
australia
Have has a issue with the HJ75 2H diesel 1989 ........ started to die in puwer, and not idling property a few streets from home .foot to the floor on accelerator pedal almost nothing to keep it alive, was lucky to get home, either fuel has some water in it or air getting into rubber fuel lines ? wanting to know the size of hose to purchase replacement of all fuel rubber diesel fuel hoses etc cheers .............. will check water fuel sedimenter tomorrow and drain if any moisture water etc ...but think would pay to replace all diesel fuel lines ie. flexible rubber hose, also after size of hose required ...........size and length, to complete task .thanks for your time cheers .
HJ75 Landcruiser pic.jpg
IMG_20171001_095427.jpg

Nice machine man! So if it's like a 60 it has just a single fuel feed and not a return if I recall.

With the different engines that the 70's have, they all have different diameter fuel lines. So the only correct answer to your question will come from an owner of a hj7x owner.

It's the only info I can give you, but good luck on your quest!:thumbup:

Just measure the fittings on your truck, only way you will know for sure

Just measure the fittings on your truck, only way you will know for sure

will do mate wasn't sure if it was 8mm or 10mm rubber flexible diesel fuel line used in the HJ75 that's all cheers ......... had the rear sub tank re connected recently ,im guessing thats the problem somewhere there in the rubber fuel lines etc . primed up the diesel on injector pump was ok for a while and problem still is persisting, will replace all rubber hoses n go for there , and install a delphi water separator whilst im at it i guess. thanks for the obvious but correct call cheers .

I had exactly the same problem I ended up replacing the fuel pipe (10mm) and return pipe (8mm) front to back with complete lengths of pipe, it's the best way to make sure

Also handy to put in a piece of clear pipe on the return feed in the engine bay then at least you can see any air in the line. Obviously check all the joints and replace with new jubilee clips.

Check the fuel pickup in the tank, make sure the small mesh filter is clean and free of debris.

Finally check the fuel filter and even bypass it to test, my air leak was in the fuel filter housing with built in primer.

Let us know how you get on

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice machine man! So if it's like a 60 it has just a single fuel feed and not a return if I recall.

With the different engines that the 70's have, they all have different diameter fuel lines. So the only correct answer to your question will come from an owner of a hj7x owner.

It's the only info I can give you, but good luck on your quest!:thumbup:

The HJ75 Land Cruiser 1989 with a 2H diesel 4 liter and aftermarket turbo about 7 to 10 boost and 3 inch exhaust , has two fuel tanks main and Sub tank etc also two seperate fuel diesel filler necks one under the rear tray ..........Has a cluster on dash to select between tanks ie. press a button for sub tank and a LED indicates which your using and had two Fuel gauges one on dash , one in instrument cluster and the other in center of consol on dash to indicate which tank is being used and level of diesel etc two fuel gauges .............I found it was the Bosch fuel primer on the injector pump was leaking allowing air into the fuel lines as its a mechanical diesel fuel injector pump on this vehicle .... The primer pump that was leaking ,.....Replaced with a better item thats allows more volume of diesel with each pump etc and the new one was all metal a bit better .i bled the line from fuel filter bleed nipple, then injector pump bleeder screw .and then cracked the injector lines to the engine and turned over engine using starter for 10 seconds intervals about half a dozen times, waiting in between not to over heat starter etc , to get the air from fuel lines and problem solved ,,,have all new fuel flexible quality hose to replace old fuel lines ,8mm but they weren't the problem after all .Another job for a quiet day down the track i guess to replace the flexible fuel lines .............. Cheers for the response also to my post regarding the hose size for fuel lines etc

Back