Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hollinsclough Greenlane advice needed

sharpy

Country Flag
uk
I have been invited on a day laning in the peaks and hollinsclough is on the cards and I'm wondering if my lifted collie will have enough clearance to avoid being smacked up the arse or having the sills bashed. so would a bodylift be a requirement and or rocksliders any advice welcome

Regards Simon

thanks for that no need to rush the decision to put a bodylift on it now. thanks for the link

Regards Simon

No worries. There's been quite a few closed throughout the peaks so make sure status is checked.
Still some great lanes though.
Have fun.

Beat me to it Gary.

I should be able to relax and enjoy it now without worrying about those steps on hollinsclough

Thanks guys

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just looked this up. i know there is a TRO on it and you are not doing it now. I think a standard collie with a suspension lift would come out with a bit of damage.

No chance.

If it's the same as it was it's a tough lane.

Last edited:
My rocksliders were "used" when I drove my lifted collie down it about 6 years ago

Thats about 15 mins from me and a cracking downhill on the old slog iron!
some lovely trails around there.

Done it in the past on 2 wheels, both up (a right b*****d!) and down (fairly easy). Wouldn't tackle it in any 4x4 I wasn't prepared to suffer some damage.

I drove my old Isuzu up which was interesting. If it was open I'd take the 80 down.

Most of the lanes in the peaks that were 'interesting' to drive got a tro.

I drove my old Isuzu up which was interesting. If it was open I'd take the 80 down.

Most of the lanes in the peaks that were 'interesting' to drive got a tro.

+1. Most have been sanitised to the point that they're little more than gravel drives.

thanks but it does raise more questions ie how much clearance do you need to drive that lane, where do you need that clearance approach/departure angle break over angle will a bodylift improve things enough. with enough clearance are rocksliders a necessity

Simon

I don't know the lane but your steps offer no protection at all so why not just take them off for the weekend , i've seen loads of steps bent on here but i've never seen a step bent so much it contacted the body .

thanks but it does raise more questions ie how much clearance do you need to drive that lane, where do you need that clearance approach/departure angle break over angle will a bodylift improve things enough. with enough clearance are rocksliders a necessity

Simon
If it were me i wouldnt bother with a body lift but i would invest in some underbody protection and rock sliders. once you crunch the side sills you wont get them back out again without the use of filler.

thanks sidesteps are off already could I use the same holes to bolt the rocksliders to

Simon

This advice is just what I'm looking for. A brilliant resource

Nope the steps bolt to the body , you want the sliders connected to the chassis .

right time to get searching the forum then
Thanks shayne

Conventional thoughts on a lift are denied by independent front suspension sharpy , ultimately only bigger tyres can increase ground clearance under the front diff unless you want to get into serious fabrication . At the front a 2" lift is pretty much all you want if reliability is a must . I'm running maybe a 6 inch lift on my swb90 all inclusive suspension , body and tyres but for me it was all about making the tyres i wanted fit .

Back