Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Honda cat delete

Sorry to hear about this Shane.

One thing I don't understand is what do they do with these stolen cats? Do they sell them or send them for recycling, where is the money on them?

One thing I don't understand is what do they do with these stolen cats? Do they sell them or send them for recycling, where is the money on them?
Dont they have precious metals in them, which I assume them melt down?

I don't believe that at all , its a sawn off cat so its stolen , scrappy might give them a fiver for it . I reckon most are stolen by people who failed mot so need another .

A scrapyard will typically pay £200 for a CAT converter. But remember they have to pay you through a bank account. Just taken a load of brass and lead down to my local yard and got £253.

When you can buy a new one on ebay for 80 quid ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This might slow them down a bit

2A522CC6-E0F7-432F-9E68-0F6E7B1FFA80.jpeg

The price of a replacement from Honda will have them write off a 2008 car instead , even if its only just hit 50k miles according to the Honda forums .

The price of a replacement from Honda will have them write off a 2008 car instead....

It sort of defeats the environmental objective somewhat.

Hopefully you'll get it sorted at not too much expense.

It's fixed , reminds me why i don't like cars and why they used kids to clean chimneys , that plate above has been sat in the backyard since i built my trailer and the pic my initial template . Its been tidied and left overnight for aquasteel to dry so i can paint it today and fit it tomorrow .

Bugger all to bolt it to on these cars so i used self tapping screws .

I tried to think up some kind of paint bomb booby trap but you can't fit much to an exhaust .

Law demands you have one and its an expensive part to replace when you can steal someone else's in seconds using a battery powered saw or an exhaust cutter . What i've done is make it so the cat can't be removed without first removing the plate . You will never stop a determined thief so the time it takes is the deterrent .

Back