Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Honestly, how much better or worse is a , , , ,

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Late model 120 series as per an early 150 series.

Graham

120 higher fuel capacity 180lt fuel tank , 4 speed auto -
150 more economical 150lt fuel tank ,5 speed auto
120 Lighter and better space in the rear -
150 bigger, less room in rear but has split fold down seats
150 better ride/ comfort (rear AC in gxl upwards)
150 has traction control
150 more airbags
150 has bluetooth conectivity
150 reverse camera
There is probably more

My opinion is the 150 is better.( a bit biased as I own one) When I was looking to buy a few years ago the 120 just didnt grab me as it looked old. It will essentially come down to budget. You may be able to buy a modified 120 for close to the price of a stock 150.

Hope I have helped a little.

120 higher fuel capacity 180lt fuel tank , 4 speed auto -
150 bigger, less room in rear but has split fold down seats
150 has traction control
150 more airbags
150 has bluetooth conectivity
150 reverse camera
There is probably more

My opinion is the 150 is better.( a bit biased as I own one) When I was looking to buy a few years ago the 120 just didnt grab me as it looked old. It will essentially come down to budget. You may be able to buy a modified 120 for close to the price of a stock 150.

High spec invincible 120 cars in the UK have all the spec you quote for the 150 and more . all uk cars have 87lt fuel tanks they no need to drive 500 miles to corner shop .

120 higher fuel capacity 180lt fuel tank , 4 speed auto - My 120 has a 5 speed auto
150 bigger, less room in rear but has split fold down seats - My 120 has split fold down seats
150 has traction control - My 120 has TC
150 more airbags - - My 120 has front, side, and curtain airbags all over
150 has bluetooth conectivity - I've fitted a new head unit with BT, DAB, Carp Play, etc.
150 reverse camera - I've fitted one.
There is probably more

I think it's to do with differences between UK and Oz specs.

Sounds like the UK models are a little different. Stands to reason then that the UK 150 is better again than the Aus 150 ? Is yours the Higher spec 120 swell @Animal Mother ?

For me the biggest difference is that the higher grade 150 comes with KDSS and if you have the invincible (kakadu in Aus minus the wheel on the back door) it comes with a rear diff lock and some other off road goodies like craw control.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like the UK models are a little different. Stands to reason then that the UK 150 is better again than the Aus 150 ? Is yours the Higher spec 120 swell @Animal Mother ?

Out of the 4 specs (not including the special edition Invincible) available, mine is second highest. It has leather, climate, etc. Top spec also had in built nav (mine came with optional removable nav) and adjustable ride height.

Sounds similar to the Aus 120 VX or Grande. I wasn't using those models in comparison as they have many more options available. If you were to compare both top of the range 150 and 120 it would be a no brainer I would think, apart from the price difference .

I drove a 150 for 3 days while Mr t put my 120 on a ramp, and the ramp got stuck 5 feet off the ground and it took them a few days to get the right people out to get it fixed up.

Just as a driver's vehicle, on tarmack, on the m25 and around the local a roads. The 150 is a huge step better than the 120. Mind you this was a 11k miler, it was very very quiet. The turbo kicks in very smooth, the additional few gears in the autobox are nice and the general handling was nicer. it also felt larger on the inside(?)

I can imagine the rear seats are a 15min job instead of a 15 second one on the 120. On the other hand you are likely to get a real human being into them. On the 120 you can basically only get someone more than 8ish to about 15ish. For anyone younger the car seats take up so much space you won't get them in. And anyone older than 15 is taking to fit in bum to knee distance and knee to ankle. With some level of gymnastics, and yes there are short people in the world etc etc.

Back