Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Horn wiring

Aspire

Country Flag
england
Hi guys it's been a while hope you are all ok. Need wine advice the horns have stopped working.

The wiring to the horns is shot . I have 2 red and green wires next to a yellow and green coming fro the top and a red and green wires coming from the bottom. Has anyone got a picture of theirs as using a multi meter you can hear the relay click in but there's nothing at the horns.

I'm not an expert in anyway on the wiring. So advice and or pictures would be good.

Regards Simon

This should help...
Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 15.59.51.png

Hey Simon. The horns are pretty simple things. You shouldn't really need a diagram for them I shouldn't think. Ahh TP to the rescue. The wires get pretty rotten quite a long way back. Best to cut quite a lot off and splice in new stuff.

That's what I would have thought but 1 have 5 wires for 4 connections....... and you could hear the relay clicking but seems now to have stopped. Also one of the red wires seems to have a constant feed so will double check the relay is fully home once I took it out. I BET someone changed the horns and bugged the wiring well it is 25 yr old......

The wires get pretty rotten quite a long way back

Interesting comment. Does anyone used tinned copper for their wiring? Its commonly used in the boat world.

I think when my horn goes I'll just replace it with a Stebel or similar although I don't use it very often.

Just checked my wiring and its exactly as per the diagram with one G/W wire from the relay and a local earth so it sounds like yours has been modified.

I replaced the original horn with 2 Stebles when it packed up. I guess tinned copper would help alleviate corrosion problems when water gets in and drawn down the individual wires. Other than that just make sure your connectors are waterproof.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The relay is triggered by an earth from the horn button, most systems have a permanent live to the horn and a switched earth.

regards

Dave

Back