Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

how many boxes do you have?

callum

...exhaust boxes that is? Particularly if you have a diesel 80 and a custom exhaust.

about time for me to get a new exhaust and wondering what i need in the way of silencers. Have had a look through various exhaust posts on various forums but thought i'd ask for some opinions.

I'm looking for something quiet but a bit more free flowing and of course with no holes in it, like my current one.

I'm thinking of either following the normal route to the first resonator and then out the side with another silencer behind the resonator or keeping it inside the chassis rails and meeting up with the existing back section.

looking at other threads, 2 silencers seems to be a good route for not too much noise, but i'd like to hear some opinions.

I recently had a side exit prospeed job done on my 80, they fitted one box only (quite a big one) tucked up out of the way in front of the rear axle.

not noisy at all

Andy

I took my std exhaust and cut out the front box and huge centre box. I left the little peashooter box on the end simply because I didn't get around to cutting that off too. Not at all noisy. Diesels are noisy like petrols anyway.

Chris

I put one box in my 3" homebrew exhaust - about 15" long oval from PECO. It keeps the noise down to a tolerable level IMHO but still keeps a nice tone :cool:

I followed the OEM route for the system rather than bring it inside the chassis rails as someone said the temperature buildup can get quite high with it run that way. However, I know Lorin had his run that way & is happy with it so I wouldn't discount it...

I modified the down pipe off the turbo to accept a 3" braided/flexible peice that I got off ebay.

:cool:

Gav Peter said:
I followed the OEM route for the system rather than bring it inside the chassis rails as someone said the temperature buildup can get quite high with it run that way. However, I know Lorin had his run that way & is happy with it so I wouldn't discount it...

I have a 3" straight through courtesy of Pro-Speed. It has one box and is run inside the chassis rail tucked up right out of the way of any potential damage. Noise is low - just a slightly lower tone than before. Turbo pick-up and power seem to have noticably improved. Having had it now for just over 2 months I haven't noticed any excessive heat build up - though it may be more noticable in high summer temps so we'll see. Being relatively paranoid I do check whenever I drive but I guess thick carpets may obscure it somewhat. The Aussies also seem to favour the inside chassis route and don't complain of excessive heat....

I think Chas also has the same.

Lorin said:
Gav Peter said:
I have a 3" straight through courtesy of Pro-Speed. It has one box and is run inside the chassis rail tucked up right out of the way of any potential damage. Noise is low - just a slightly lower tone than before. Turbo pick-up and power seem to have noticably improved. Having had it now for just over 2 months I haven't noticed any excessive heat build up - though it may be more noticable in high summer temps so we'll see. Being relatively paranoid I do check whenever I drive but I guess thick carpets may obscure it somewhat. The Aussies also seem to favour the inside chassis route and don't complain of excessive heat....I think Chas also has the same.
:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back