Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How much do you think this will go for in the end? I'm interested but not at all costs!

The price has been static for a couple of days now, I shouldnt think it would go for much more, But then again the price for 80s is varied to say the least at the moment.. This one has a few faults , and things not working, Low mileage is a bonus...... Leaking fuel pump, No tail pipe , fuel gauge not working, No air con, etc etc, For over 8 grand id want all those things working and more,.......

Do 80's come up that often? I'm really torn. I love the look of the 80. I need a tow car for a caravan. 1.5 Tonnes only. I know these are overkill but I want reliability and fun. Unlikely to do much off roading but we do get some decent snow every year. My head is saying 120 my heart 80. Don't want to spend more than £10k. The lower the better but want a family rust free vehicle. I can weld and am reasonable handy but still torn!

There are always 80s on ebay, All types and different condition, The only advice i can give is to go and view and have a crawl about and check for rust, 120s dont fair up much better than 80s in the rust department.. There are plenty of stories of 8 to 10 grand 120s that are shocking underneath, Same goes for the 100 series, Rust will always be common on these Trucks, But how bad?????? ...... Don't be put off by surface rust, Its when they are Rotten, Thats the problem..... Good luck

Comes across to me as an honest ad so could be a solid truck though i can easily imagine its a victim of its own reliability so its long overdue a fair amount of work swapping out old bushes and the like , one for a mechanically minded enthusiast maybe .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What Shane said - looking at the MOT history my sense is the same - previous owners have mistaken Toyota reputation for reliability as meaning it doesn't need to be serviced.... shame there are no underside pics as that would give you a more informed view. As Dave said, AC is missing the belt for a start...

For me this is already topping on price now...

Also being an import the odometer's can be known to be knocked back! With a leaking fuel pump it's possibly got another 100k on it.

Its probably Nowt .... But id want to know what the CAT C is all about

Mcnally Kev, believe me, you'd be far better off with the Lexus one which is fir sale, that said for towing 1.5t a good 120 will do the job just as well and be a more modern , quieter and more comfortable place to be ( my DD are a 120 and a 93 80 series).

Yeah. He has sent some underside pics. I don't really like the leather interior which is limiting my choices a bit!

Attachments

• s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 67
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 65
  • s-l1600-4.jpg
    s-l1600-4.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 65
  • s-l1600-5.jpg
    s-l1600-5.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 66
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 66
Looks standard fare for a 22 year old truck, that said , no mention of corrosion on MOT history. Leather seats can always have covers on but they are more comfortable than the cloth ones.

Yeah. He has sent some underside pics. I don't really like the leather interior which is limiting my choices a bit!

I don't think it looks bad underneath, nice and dry, but a little overdue some preventative work and rustproofing. All 5 tyres are road type so it probably hasn't had a hard life, still got rubber bushes in the suspension so likely getting to the stage of needing quite a bit to keep it going. Looks like the front wing has a kink in it, there could be some damage to the inner wing and along with being painted the wrong colour

I bet there is plenty life left there but it may cost you a fair bit to keep it good in the short run. Crazy price I think with a CAT C I think, should be around 60% of normal retail, and you'd get next to nothing if another total loss claim was to be made it

Just looked and saw it ended, £9k + an insurance payout, I bet he's had the best part of 15-17k back for a truck he's owned for 30yrs, what a deal!

Last edited:
It appears to be a jap import, general corrosion on sills and floor, you would really have to look at it and assess, JDM import vehicles don’t have the same underbody protection as we get in the uk. Looks like it’s come here in 2011. It’s presented well, and doesn’t look like it’s been a workhorse, I’m sure it’s been for sale for a while so a deal could be had, but inspect it first and budget for a good underbody clean up and protection

£9+K ??, the jobs gone mad.
Certainly is Mad, I wonder why folk will pay 9 grand for a Truck, That To be Fair, Is a bit on the Scruffy side, And needs a few issues sorting,.. But for Not a lot more can have an all singing Expedition prepared Truck with all the Toys, etc etc ???? Maybe the Original Standard ones are fetching the money theses days..... If this Mad! Trend continues the 24v will be going on ebay.... Just so i can eat well over Xmas:lol:

Back