Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How to change window rubbers

None left now! :dance:

my windows are screwed - major judder, and quite often the drivers side jumps out of the clasp at the bottom.

will new rubbers fix this? i tried cleaning the rubbers, lubing them, and there was still judder - need to lift them up most times...

if the rubbers will fix it, does anyone have part numbers for the two fronts?
i would do the rears as well, but the back right hasnt opened since i bought the truck! should probably work that out...

New rubbers will sort it out, doesn't matter what you try & lube the old ones with they won't work properly, i did mine & they go up & down like jordons draws !!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'll have a go at mine soon. They are quicker with no ancillaries on so I think the wiring cables to the motor are too thin as well as poor rubbers. Never had this problem with other electric windows even from teh 1960's.

Frank

I did mine and hell what a difference. :shock:

I never opened the box I got from Ian Rubie until I started the job. I took the old rubbers out of the doors and propped them against the wall....at this point it dawned on me that the box was too small to contain the hard plastic things i had just taken out. I panicked and opened the box only to find a load of soft rubber bundles in Toyota labelled bags. After a quick inspection I concluded that the old seals had gone hard and this is what they should have looked like....OMG no wonder my windows didn't work!!!!!!!!!!

In total it took me about 2 hours to fit the seals and now every window works perfectly :thumbup: :dance:

My only regret is not doing this when I bought the truck :oops:

I've just got a quote from one of the toyota part suppliers listed, and the fronts are £79.84 each ex vat, the rears are 86.10 ex vat with our discount.

ouch :(

Contact Ian Rubie as he was a lot cheaper than that :thumbup:

Following several PMs I am looking to source more window rubbers and a few other light weight and high value parts. The key to making this work is light weight but high value. It is to do with air freight costs and £'s saved compared to dealers. There is no point trying to get oil filters for example because by the time you add air freight they are more expensive than here.

Bits that show a good saving are window rubbers, diff lock actuators and AHC spheres. On the subject of spheres, the Citroen ones offered by Pleiades are cheaper than I can get genuine but if you want genuine I can get them a lot cheaper than UK dealers. Heavy or large items are a no go, again due to air freight costs.

If you want anything then please drop me a PM.

This is a limited time offer but if my idea works I will be placing an order every couple of months.

Ian

just out of interest how much would the diff lock actuators be?, i currently don't have an 80 but i am looking and would be good to know just incase i get one with a duff actuator

cheers Jack :thumbup:

hairyguy4 said:
just out of interest how much would the diff lock actuators be?

Answered via PM.

Please PM enquires rather than clutter the forum :thumbup:

Cheers

Ian

68141-60010 front RH Glass run
68151-60010 front LH Glass run
68142-60011 rear RH Glass run
68152-60011 rear LH Glass run

How much are they from Mr T?

My local dealer quoted 80.69 + VAT for 1 front rubber and that was with a little discount, don't know what Simon does them for. If you want a set at sensible prices then I'm about to place an order but you'll have to be quick to get on this one.

My local dealer quoted 80.69 + VAT for 1 front rubber and that was with a little discount, don't know what Simon does them for. If you want a set at sensible prices then I'm about to place an order but you'll have to be quick to get on this one.
I have a set from Ian R (I can't remember what I paid for them, but a lot less than that) awaiting installation when I get the red 80 back on the road, no sense in putting them in now and deteriorating if I'm not using it, I was just wondering how much Mr T was screwing us for. :think:

Back