Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

exPATcruiser

Country Flag
switzerland
Lots of things have changed for me in the last 6 months, including buying a Land Cruiser.

Name- Patrick
Cruiser- 2002(I think?) Diesel VX300 with 110500km on the clock, owned it for about 20 hours now
Mods- It has a snorkel, undetermined amount of lift, auxiliary fuel tank, "webasto" indoor heater?, and I don't know what else.
Plans- Roof rack and RTT, rear inside conversion for expedition camping and not sure what else
4x4 experience- I've only ever owned Jeeps, favorite was a 96 XJ, bought fixed/built many others and a few wranglers along the way as well.

I moved to Switzerland about 5 months ago from Texas. I don't know a lick about Land Cruisers, the country I'm living in, the language they speak here and where to buy stuff for this LC. For starters, I'm trying to figure out the fuel tank set up, the aux is under the drivers side just inside the frame rail, 2 holes in the original filler cap location, which neither appear to fit the filling nozzle at the station

Last edited:
Lots of things have changed for me in the last 6 months, including buying a Land Cruiser.

Name- Patrick
Cruiser- 2002(I think?) Diesel VX300 with 110500km on the clock, owned it for about 20 hours now
Mods- It has a snorkel, undetermined amount of lift, auxiliary fuel tank, "webasto" indoor heater?, and I don't know what else.
Plans- Roof rack and RTT, rear inside conversion for expedition camping and not sure what else
4x4 experience- I've only ever owned Jeeps, favorite was a 96 XJ, bought fixed/built many others and a few wranglers along the way as well.

I moved to Switzerland about 5 months ago from Texas. I don't know a lick about Land Cruisers, the country I'm living in, the language they speak here and where to buy stuff for this LC. For starters, I'm trying to figure out the fuel tank set up, the aux is under the passenger side just inside the frame rail, 2 holes in the origibnal filler cap location.
Welcome to the club Tex , your truck is a 3000 VX , a 90series? You will be able to post photos after a few post & we love photos!

Great intro and a good life by the sound of it.

Welcome aboard!

You'll soon get the hang of posting photos (obligatory) :text-worthless:

Looking forward to them and your antics in the new Cruiser!

Thanks for the welcomes, I'm not entirely sure what I've got and what it means yet. It says VX 300 TD on the rear. 4-D4 on the fenders. And in some of the maintenance docs it says something about the model being "95"

Welcome to the club Tex , your truck is a 3000 VX , a 90series? You will be able to post photos after a few post & we love photos!

So From what i could tell this is considered a 90 series? The docs say the vehicle type is "landcruiser KDJ95" and model "L.Cruiser 95 VX 300 5G 3.0 D4D". Engine Model is "KDJ95L-GKMNYW"

Anyone able to translate that for me? lol

KDJ95 says it all but we would lazily call it a d4d 90 .

90 is swb 95 long but length is the only real difference some got a 1kz engine others a 1kd but again the engine is the only difference .

Hope that helps .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So From what i could tell this is considered a 90 series? The docs say the vehicle type is "landcruiser KDJ95" and model "L.Cruiser 95 VX 300 5G 3.0 D4D". Engine Model is "KDJ95L-GKMNYW" Anyone able to translate that for me? lol

Welcome aboard Patrick.
Texas to Switzerland, is that a bit of a massive temperature change for you?
I've got a KZJ95W-GKPST which I think is 'similar' to yours but a longer wheelbase. All the techies on here will probably point out my errors though. A great bunch of guys on this website, almost biblical in status.....

I imagine you have a late 2000 to 2002 d4d 4 door with leather seats 90 series kdj95 .

Does it not have Prado badges ? curious because i have never seen a d4d prado 90 ?

I imagine you have a late 2000 to 2002 d4d 4 door with leather seats 90 series kdj95 .

Does it not have Prado badges ? curious because i have never seen a d4d prado 90 ?

It does not have Prado badges, no leather. I think it has about every other option, but again i dont know as much as I want to about these yet.

standard trans, rear heating with controls on the back side of the console too, heated and electric folding mirrors, tint, rear defrost, fog lights, increase idle button, power windows.

i Hope to get some good pictures this afternoon and Ill post up for yall to see and maybe tell me more about what it is that I have.

I remember suffering the same confusion when i first got my truck and started looking at what parts are available and i've still no clear picture now .

Europe got KZJ90 or 95 3 or 5 door Prado's
UK got Colorado KZJ90 or 95 (3 or 5 door) but later models got the KDJ engine upgrade
Oz didn't get the swb 90 or the KDJ engine option so they have 4 door Prado 90 series .
Venezuela got the Toyota Meru which might be a KZJ90 or a KDJ90 3 or 5 door
Ireland's lot were simply named Landcruiser (3 or 5 door) and i think they were limited to the KZ engine .

I am sure someone will point out errors in the above but essentially they are all the same car with mixed up specs and to confuse things even more there are also petrol versions of what are collectively known as the Landcruiser 90 series .

Back