Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Howzit

Owen_Heller

I answer to Owen most of the time . I am from SA . I own and ride my cruiser . Yes her name is Barbs , the infamous 1kz-te Prado. uploadfromtaptalk1433612954111.JPGdon't laugh, we have been near everywhere in SA. Lot of nice things is already on her already ,don't need more.

Hi Owen nothing wrong with the 1kz-te and great trailer . Tell us you don't need more after a month on the forum :icon-wink:

Welcome to the forum Owen, great to see someone out there "doing it".

You're probably one of the best to advise forum overlanders what's what and what's not! :thumbup:

@ Shayne, on the Cruiser no but the trailer lots of toys I still want.Thanks for the welcome note.
@ Clive ,yes well travelled but I will stay modest , not the type to prance around and show off. Thanks for the welcome.

[emoji41]

Welcome Owen, looks like you have a good way to entertain yourself ;)

Howzit Owen, welcome! That's a nice rig you have there?
Whereabouts in ZA are you? I'm in Fourways.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I heed from Brakpan East rand . I already hear the jokes coming , [emoji38] [emoji38] . Seriously though been enjoying the forum here and yourself? . These guys seem genuine .

Do you mean jokes like.
Why don't the have a csi in brakpan? Because all the dna is the same and they don't have dental records?

Sorry welcome to the club.

So come on then Owen spill the beans on why the Cruiser doesn't need any more and whats your trailer missing ?

Last edited:
@ Shayne . The cruiser has a nice lift already ,articulation is magic, rear diff lock works a charm the snorkel is there for deep water and the ARB front bar is sturdy for safe recovery.What more would I need ,my muddies can't wait for some mud in summer.[emoji41] For the trailer ,well a fridge some led lights and more deep cycle batteries with bigger inverter , would be so nice . Traveling to Botswana you need all these amenities , cause there is really nothing for at least 300 km in any direction. [emoji38]
What more would you think is needed?

Just curious Owen i have a swb 1kz-te and i signed up here trying to find out how to fit 285/75's to it , that was more than a couple of years ago and I'm still swapping altering and changing things with my truck now but the to-do list is only getting longer . I'm also trying to put a camper trailer together hence my interest in what you felt yours was missing . I do keep thinking i should include a solar panel and a leisure battery but for the life of me i cant think what i would do with one if i had it .

@ Shayne . with our "loadshedding" I set up my system from the trailer to run the house lights and gas for cooking , hence the other reason for bigger inverter (2x 3000W) will be nice , oh and the 75 litre fridge . Not sure if Australia has these issues.IOW Self sufficient for as long as possible.

Sent from my Vodafone 785 using Tapatalk

I experianced my first lot of load shedding this time very odd to think a developed country will just turn off power to which ever area it feels like. there must be a massive business now in the generator market as nearly every house hold has one or more to keep life going in these odd times for you.

Howzit Owen good to have you join us. Brakpan hey I would not have freely voluteered that info, however I can say l too hail from the far east!

@ Stumog , what generator can't find one. Yes these guys slot you in for a power cut when they feel like it.[emoji37] [emoji37] [emoji99]
@ Ice man at least I am not alone.[emoji38] [emoji38]

Sent from my Vodafone 785 using Tapatalk

Some of the jokes about brakpan made me piss my self.
When I looked them up and also Google brakpan jokes then images made me laugh as well.

Back