Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ 78 series 4wd engagement issues

Nitram

Country Flag
australia
For a while now I've noticed that the 4wd indicator light in my Troopy (78 series- 2000 model.) doesn't come on when I move the little lever into 4wd- but I figured the light had just died....... Then last week I got stuck in some sand and noticed that the front wheels weren't driving (yep- I had the hubs engaged...)
So today I crawled underneath and the linkages all seem connected up. BUT I noticed that the wires that go from the alloy housing just where the lower part of the linkage engages with the shaft that makes it go into 4wd, is disconnected at the round plug just above the gearbox. And I can't see anything to plug it in to.
So here's my questions:
1. Can anyone tell me where the wires from the alloy housing are supposed to go to ?
2. Is there anything electrical about 4wd engagement ? Or is that wire just for the indicator light ?
Sorry if I haven't explained it very well.....
Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers,
Martin
P.S. I suspect that the light stopped working after the local garage installed a new clutch for me........

yr cruiser has a completely mechanical gearbox/transfer box system. Loose wires maybe the reverse light, 4WD hi/lo indicator/speedo.
maybe you had not fully engaged the 4wd gear?
maybe yr friendly garage has not properly connected the linkages...?

Back