Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I fricking want this LC so bad

not allowed in the EU?
a friend of mine drives this one around in Holland :

P1030898-e.jpgP1030905[1].jpgP1030904[1].jpg

P1030904[1].jpg P1030905[1].jpg P1030898-e.jpg

I rather like that, looks quality. Looks expensive!!

You can have them. Stan imports them but only new ones are.lhd. Tempted with a v8 d4d double cab.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Certainly an impressive looking truck. I'll bet that V8 Td unit is sweeeeet! Bit disappointing with the cart springs and manual locking hubs on such an expensive vehicle though, a bit 'dark ages' aren't they? JMO

That looks remarkably similar the one I saw in Iceland 3 weeks ago :)

not allowed in the EU?
a friend of mine drives this one around in

767e96e7fce650eaf7155287520220b1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://Www.theoverlander.org
Yes i can import new(lhd) and secondhand, from Europe Australia or South Africa, any spec.. Hdj turbo diesel (single cab/troopy only) or v6 petrol or 1hz..
they have kept the old technology as these trucks are mainly made for the africa, middle east and as work(mining) trucks and its the old technology these people want. Mine is new and its still got an accelerator cable, i wouldnt want it any other way!
i am putting a tray back on this soon..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 397
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 392
Last edited:
If thats right, off to Toyota in 2 yrs to buy one! (finish paying for the van then!) how come they are not shown on toyota web site?
Not allowed perhaps should read not able to buy and register in 'parts' of eu, ie froggy land! same as 'grey' imports.....too many hurdles to jump!

If thats right, off to Toyota in 2 yrs to buy one! (finish paying for the van then!) how come they are not shown on toyota web site?
Not allowed perhaps should read not able to buy and register in 'parts' of eu, ie froggy land! same as 'grey' imports.....too many hurdles to jump!
toyota dont sell them but i believe extrem fahrzueg supply a french company like they supply me, so they are available but not mainstream!

Yep, a V8 D4D double cab pick up 70 is top of my lottery list.. would be very tempted to get a second hand one shipped over by a mate in Oz, but the tax system and my high mileage would make it crippling to run here..

But they are bloody good!!

With the rand as poor as it is they are very tempting. But house in france or another cruiser..... I know which I will pick but it might not be the best for the family...

Here they are, take your pick. No point showing them on web sites for countries they can't/won't sell them in I guess.

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70-series

http://Www.theoverlander.org
Yes i can import new(lhd) and secondhand, from Europe Australia or South Africa, any spec.. Hdj turbo diesel (single cab/troopy only) or v6 petrol or 1hz..
they have kept the old technology as these trucks are mainly made for the africa, middle east and as work(mining) trucks and its the old technology these people want. Mine is new and its still got an accelerator cable, i wouldnt want it any other way!
i am putting a tray back on this soon..

Stan you mentioned single cab/trooper only, why not the double cabs?

Stan you mentioned single cab/trooper only, why not the double cabs?
Its all to do with build dates and engines.
the double cab came out in oz in 2012 so only has the v8
in the middle east, ie the imports from germany like mine its only the 1hz or v6 petrol in them all, single/double(79) station wagon(76)
in SA its the 1hz, v6 petrol or the v8 diesel available in them all
the hdj turbo was only in aussie single cabs and troopies till 2006 i believe

Last edited:
@ andycook
yep that's the same one.
small world isn't it!

@ andycook
yep that's the same one.
small world isn't it!

Wow, small world indeed. It was at dettifoss waterfall in Iceland. We all spent some time looking over and in it :) drooling....

But never saw your friends, they must have gone for a longer hike than us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back