Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I KNEW IT WOULDNT BE LONG...WHHHYY!!

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Well after exactly 7 days of 120 LC5 ownership..... Yep The Engine management light has come on....F@*k it ..... Stopped the truck for a few minutes, started it up all fine.. soon as it hits 2000 rpm. the light comes on. even if I just sit in the truck on the drive and rev it slowly.. Bang on 2000 revs it comes on. Iv just shelled out a fortune for the missus car..NOW this... F@*K... IT....

Amazing.
Hope it is some thing and nothing.
Could just be a very cheap fix.

After selling my 2005 LC3 with not far off 300,000 miles, I never had a whisper out of it.
New alternator at around 210,000
And she pulled a 2 plus tonne caravan all over Europe several times, and up round Scandinavia.

Graham

Amazing.
Hope it is some thing and nothing.
Could just be a very cheap fix.

After selling my 2005 LC3 with not far off 300,000 miles, I never had a whisper out of it.
New alternator at around 210,000
And she pulled a 2 plus tonne caravan all over Europe several times, and up round Scandinavia.

Graham
That's whats ragging me off. Just sold my old trusty Colorado with over 275,000 on it... Never gave me any trouble that truck... NOW THIS!!!! I think iv just contracted Tourettes:angry-screaming:

Well after exactly 7 days of 120 LC5 ownership..... Yep The Engine management light has come on....F@*k it ..... Stopped the truck for a few minutes, started it up all fine.. soon as it hits 2000 rpm. the light comes on. even if I just sit in the truck on the drive and rev it slowly.. Bang on 2000 revs it comes on. Iv just shelled out a fortune for the missus car..NOW this... F@*K... IT....
Hi Higgy
Do you have a scanning tool to plug in to see what code it is giving out . They sell them on ebay for about £18 that work on any car after 1997 , I keep one in the car . it reads the codes the engine light gives out , and you can erase the code to switch the engine light off . you just plug it in under dashboard in to scart socket on drivers side You can get the tec stream ones also but needs to be plugged into a lap top and are only for toyota , I have both ,but keeping the scanner in the car is more convenient as you can use it on any car any where . If the car runs ok it is usually some thing small like bad connection dirt on something . You can get cheaper scanners on ebay but you usually need a book to read the codes instead of the scanner telling you what the fault code is .

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The truck runs fine but doesn't rev much.. 60mph is about it... must be limp mode.? Il get it booked in at local garage in the morning... I can hear turbo whistle, not overly loud but I can hear it.. is that normal?

The truck runs fine but doesn't rev much.. 60mph is about it... must be limp mode.? Il get it booked in at local garage in the morning... I can hear turbo whistle, not overly loud but I can hear it.. is that normal?
Yes thats normal ,

+1 on the normal. Mine can be heard slightly when cold but soon disappears as it warms up.
I'm sorry to hear of your 120 woes, if it can be cheaply sorted you will love it again.
Thanks Andy, Iv got no choice but to book it in.. Im too busy.. iv got a 45ft boat with the props and shafts laid out on the floor and nuts and bolts and bearings rolling about the place .. And a Kubota digger with its Rams and cab off and the owner chewing my head off.... This is bad timing.. Part of lifes little pleasures 'Eh!

Get yourself a scanner because most of the time its a very miner fault like a maf sensor dirty , map filter blocked , or fuel filter , or air filter dirty , and on some cars it just the ECU thats acting stupid and when code is erased it dont come back , My mates honda crv has had engine light come up and gone into limp mode , saying crankshaft sensor faulty on my scanner I erased it car drove normal again and the engine light never came back on .

Get yourself a scanner because most of the time its a very miner fault like a maf sensor dirty , map filter blocked , or fuel filter , or air filter dirty , and on some cars it just the ECU thats acting stupid and when code is erased it dont come back , My mates honda crv has had engine light come up and gone into limp mode , saying crankshaft sensor faulty on my scanner I erased it car drove normal again and the engine light never came back on .
I will Tony.... Il look on ebay....NOW! cheers mate

The 100 series Guys use Techstream. I’m guessing it will work on the 120 but would be good for somebody to confirm.

I had this with the Cursed Smart Car. Cylinder 3 misfire would come up only if I revved it over 3000 and it would shut the cylinder down.

Sorry to hear this it’s the pits just after you’ve bought it. Look for splits in the air intake pipework. I’m told lighter gas sprayed close to intake areas can help find with increased engine revs but I’ve not done it. Concertina/flexi pipes can break.

I feel for you, you could clearly do without this right now.

Thanks for the kind words, there are too many scanners to choose from on ebay some are only a tenner...My
mates got an all singing dancing De Walt one but wasn't compatible for the Colorado.. but hes working away at the mo... Its a good idea Tony I will get one.....

Thanks for the kind words, there are too many scanners to choose from on ebay some are only a tenner...My
mates got an all singing dancing De Walt one but wasn't compatible for the Colorado.. but hes working away at the mo... Its a good idea Tony I will get one.....
with the £10 ones you need a book that comes with them to tell you what the codes are because they only give you the code number and not what the code means .

Back