Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I only bought it because I don't like cars(the accidental 40 owner)

Any decent parts factors I would say, I use Motor Serv a lot, they can get most things I need and I suspect more than one engine uses the same filter as a Land Cruiser. There is also a multitude of parts available on Ebay, or you could try euro 4x4 parts, they are in France so might take a couple of days but could be worth a try.
You see,my problem is,that what with my vehicle being recently registered,neither the Reg or the chassis number come up valid on any search.
Just been on Motor Serv and the vehicle dropbox doesn't even go back far enough or mention a 40 series.

Hi,

Great truck and welcome.

I know the problem with motor factors but Milners might be worth a try. personally I'm not too keen on their stuff but they do know what a 40 is and what an oil filter is.... what could possibly go wrong!?!
Talking of the motor factors I had a similar experience with one of Mr T's dealers who, after I gave them my truck's vin number told me that it was built several years earlier and actually a couple of years before Toyota produced the BJ40. Needless to say I didn't actually buy anything through them.

Cheers

You see,my problem is,that what with my vehicle being recently registered,neither the Reg or the chassis number come up valid on any search.
Just been on Motor Serv and the vehicle dropbox doesn't even go back far enough or mention a 40 series.

I find giving them a call and quoting the part no that I require works best, that and telling them what the part is, they can often cross reference it and quote price and availability.

Hi Chirs you can pick it up that's ok from LL144DS from Tony .

I find giving them a call and quoting the part no that I require works best, that and telling them what the part is, they can often cross reference it and quote price and availability.
I think I'll just wait for the world to update there databases.

Back