Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I think I'm in love <3

Joakim Forøysund

Country Flag
norway
It finally happened! I've wanted one for years, and now this one sits outside our home, waiting for some new parts. I need to fix a few minor issues before I bring it to mandatory roadworthy test. Then I can (hopefully) get the license plates back on.

HGAoKc5vb5rZjhYD1i3GPCPtiCcv5ceSX5f4dc53UM1WfLsNKHHVZ5T4ZgfTO6Y2LMW8qy7RfQlJ71WBBNEo_ZeVjs=w2400.jpg

Here she is, together with our Volvo.

gp0BrMFFr4GqR8gSTQRz3XR1N1g3ecaaDHoev-QJZAwMmwqgA0_ObFYdIsdJRVBuaWKxQhLDaoKUQAGmCq0QEMarIw=w2400.jpg

The missus has declared this one is hers, and I can just have the Volvo. :p

E1iuP13YRRqtF9X03AlX7wh1vpllQWv5zd0elADHY-UBuLjUgDTbB4z10S0uXKKdWwvTn8FBMbmrpxQM6f-HuIOtuw=w2400.jpg

jmAIXHPHEn8V60Gr-iuZPQz2Ea5yajlRQ63LDRX2EDjUimVepBmv4j_DjFWqU7oakVHMjfFb0k-6UcvIxw9rjxLjJw=w2400.jpg

It doesn't show here, but the interior needs some soap.

mcuZoGCki22vHJD3R8Xzb4qJBT_4osFtXM2f2aJuuC7hMUeg4yrYfdUSU3JeQKyDb-clouk5sKrf8LGE9RM4qROBkg=w2400.jpg

Z7E6wCfF5BSSn6NIohNjdBs_XmT6-XzuQE4LecbVa-FnzNJ4KfWS3ErBn3KH-Pr_JdJMFpO_1nZ8ajBlxX3ajOj-9U=w2400.jpg

TbmMFqcuKuhH3TnBk7JaXB46wLgJLlKM-k_VxRuabzIlP4KWkYy9s9PofSOCcLAoZmWsdx3qDmUHpBZnH5219FaWzU=w2400.jpg

Breather is clogged, and the seal probably needs to be replaced. There's oil everywhere. I have no clue how much is left inside there. Fresh drops showed after driving a short distance, so I took the chance to drive home.

AIOanQKxWEN8J3fKsm1M1lzrfxLjfsCSaniuJuect24aAGG_Mck9jhXzjnMbKOGvDtzWbY9IKrl4ZR4gA4byGTpfDE=w2400.jpg

Some rust, but it seems there's nothing major. Fluid Film will take care of this, I'm certain.

PK0iIq0jSyXlej0dFUuYiV-okMjQ9DR5HE9IJVmS5S5dhHElaV5DlggXhD0XvyyIdQ2q9_8KF7IVGKw8N34ln3tcTE=w2400.jpg

Underneath the round hole in the traverse is the only place I've found major rust. Here it has rusted through a few centimeters. I've inspected the entire frame as good as I can, and I can't find anything else alarming.

I ordered 20 kg worth of parts from Milner. All front bushings, water pump, belts and other service parts plus seal for the rear diff and new breathers. I also ordered a new radiator, just to be certain.

• I already fixed a couple of electric faults on the rear lights
  • Wipers are working again (the link had come off), and I cleaned the interior.
  • A new digital radio is in place.
  • Painted the tow bar to make it look nicer and removed the spare wheel cover.
  • Pressure washed the frame inside and outside. The Kärcher gutter washer works very well for the purpose:

fe25e087-16c5-4739-a68d-08a5999f51a6?maxwidth=268&maxheight=268.jpg

That's enough for now. See you lateer! :)

Enjoy it mate.. Iv said many times that i wished id never got rid of my 95.. Big regret ... Very capable and underrated Truck.... Its not a big job to do the diff pinion seal. And most of your rust looks like surface rust... a good clean up and plenty of paint should sort it....... All the best with it:thumbup:

Looks like a reasonable truck and no real rust to worry about. You’ve done well there. :clap:
I won’t ask if you’ve got a ‘cruiser grin’, just how wide it is. :icon-biggrin:

Looks l
It finally happened! I've wanted one for years, and now this one sits outside our home, waiting for some new parts. I need to fix a few minor issues before I bring it to mandatory roadworthy test. Then I can (hopefully) get the license plates back on.

View attachment 158223
Here she is, together with our Volvo.

View attachment 158224
The missus has declared this one is hers, and I can just have the Volvo. :p

View attachment 158225

View attachment 158226
It doesn't show here, but the interior needs some soap.

View attachment 158227

View attachment 158228

View attachment 158229
Breather is clogged, and the seal probably needs to be replaced. There's oil everywhere. I have no clue how much is left inside there. Fresh drops showed after driving a short distance, so I took the chance to drive home.

View attachment 158239
Some rust, but it seems there's nothing major. Fluid Film will take care of this, I'm certain.

View attachment 158240
Underneath the round hole in the traverse is the only place I've found major rust. Here it has rusted through a few centimeters. I've inspected the entire frame as good as I can, and I can't find anything else alarming.

I ordered 20 kg worth of parts from Milner. All front bushings, water pump, belts and other service parts plus seal for the rear diff and new breathers. I also ordered a new radiator, just to be certain.

• I already fixed a couple of electric faults on the rear lights
  • Wipers are working again (the link had come off), and I cleaned the interior.
  • A new digital radio is in place.
  • Painted the tow bar to make it look nicer and removed the spare wheel cover.
  • Pressure washed the frame inside and outside. The Kärcher gutter washer works very well for the purpose:

View attachment 158241

That's enough for now. See you lateer! :)
looks like a lot of work has gone in, nice, enjoy.

Back