Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I think I'm in love <3

Joakim Forøysund

Country Flag
norway
It finally happened! I've wanted one for years, and now this one sits outside our home, waiting for some new parts. It's from 1998 and has rolled 365000 km. I need to fix a few minor issues before I bring it to mandatory roadworthy test. Then I can (hopefully) get the license plates back on.

HGAoKc5vb5rZjhYD1i3GPCPtiCcv5ceSX5f4dc53UM1WfLsNKHHVZ5T4ZgfTO6Y2LMW8qy7RfQlJ71WBBNEo_ZeVjs=w2400.jpg

Here she is, together with our Volvo.

gp0BrMFFr4GqR8gSTQRz3XR1N1g3ecaaDHoev-QJZAwMmwqgA0_ObFYdIsdJRVBuaWKxQhLDaoKUQAGmCq0QEMarIw=w2400.jpg

The missus has declared this one is hers, and I can just have the Volvo. :p

E1iuP13YRRqtF9X03AlX7wh1vpllQWv5zd0elADHY-UBuLjUgDTbB4z10S0uXKKdWwvTn8FBMbmrpxQM6f-HuIOtuw=w2400.jpg

jmAIXHPHEn8V60Gr-iuZPQz2Ea5yajlRQ63LDRX2EDjUimVepBmv4j_DjFWqU7oakVHMjfFb0k-6UcvIxw9rjxLjJw=w2400.jpg

It doesn't show here, but the interior needs some soap.

mcuZoGCki22vHJD3R8Xzb4qJBT_4osFtXM2f2aJuuC7hMUeg4yrYfdUSU3JeQKyDb-clouk5sKrf8LGE9RM4qROBkg=w2400.jpg

Z7E6wCfF5BSSn6NIohNjdBs_XmT6-XzuQE4LecbVa-FnzNJ4KfWS3ErBn3KH-Pr_JdJMFpO_1nZ8ajBlxX3ajOj-9U=w2400.jpg

TbmMFqcuKuhH3TnBk7JaXB46wLgJLlKM-k_VxRuabzIlP4KWkYy9s9PofSOCcLAoZmWsdx3qDmUHpBZnH5219FaWzU=w2400.jpg

Breather is clogged, and the seal probably needs to be replaced. There's oil everywhere. I have no clue how much is left inside there. Fresh drops showed after driving a short distance, so I took the chance to drive home.

AIOanQKxWEN8J3fKsm1M1lzrfxLjfsCSaniuJuect24aAGG_Mck9jhXzjnMbKOGvDtzWbY9IKrl4ZR4gA4byGTpfDE=w2400.jpg

Some rust, but it seems there's nothing major. Fluid Film will take care of this, I'm certain.

PK0iIq0jSyXlej0dFUuYiV-okMjQ9DR5HE9IJVmS5S5dhHElaV5DlggXhD0XvyyIdQ2q9_8KF7IVGKw8N34ln3tcTE=w2400.jpg

Underneath the round hole in the traverse is the only place I've found major rust. Here it has rusted through a few centimeters. I've inspected the entire frame as good as I can, and I can't find anything else alarming.

I ordered 20 kg worth of parts from Milner. All front bushings, water pump, belts and other service parts plus seal for the rear diff and new breathers. I also ordered a new radiator, just to be certain.

• I already fixed a couple of electric faults on the rear lights
  • Wipers are working again (the link had come off), and I cleaned the interior.
  • A new digital radio is in place.
  • Painted the tow bar to make it look nicer and removed the spare wheel cover.
  • Pressure washed the frame inside and outside. The Kärcher gutter washer works very well for the purpose:

fe25e087-16c5-4739-a68d-08a5999f51a6

That's enough for now. See you lateer! :)

9173l4Flpjc3gUAWzNbihQ4Gh1iami6wY_vPlFfAhlNAtc_VsXIIEUz5gOaz6DmZ0mJdeF2mbQr02_WMvrlfgtdDVc=w2400.jpg

The Cruiser passed the test the other day. Nothing noted! I was really really super excited! Got the plates and hit the road the very same day, and I love it! Now winter has come here. The Cruiser got ready just in time for winter.

I have replaced quite a lot of parts:
All bushings, links and joints front end. New steering rack, cooler, water pump and thermostat. New fluids, belts, filters and breathers all around. New pinion seal at the rear diff. Everything brake related in the rear end replaced. New brake hoses all around and a few new brake pipes. New auxiliary beams. Oiled and painted rust in the rear end, and complete fluid film treatment. Plus a few smaller things here and there.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I think this one can live for many years to come. :D

Looks good. And the rust does not look that bad for a Colorado

Bravo Joakim it looked a very good one to begin with and looking at your parts ordered list it seems fair to assume the truck might last you to retirement and beyond under your care :thumbup:

Looks in good shape. I see the grin too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back