Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

IDP after EU exit

I need to get one for my upcoming trip. The nearest post offices that do them are some considerable distance away and not convenient at all. OK so I'll do one on line. WHOA! £5.50 in a Post Office but £35 on line? I don't think so Sir!

IDP will be a minor inconvenience compared with what will happen if there is no deal.

IDP will be a minor inconvenience compared with what will happen if there is no deal.
No doubt the insurance companies will be rubbing their hands together while locked in meetings trying to figure a way of getting us to hand over more money to insure our trucks while we are bumbling round Europe looking for cheap campsites;)... (that's wot I do) :)

Frankly I think it’s highly unlikely, just more presss scaremongering and bollocks. these days very few countries outside the eu require it providing you have a photo card licence. Of those that do few enforce it.
If the eu want to be utter shits about it(as seems to be their SP) then as above, it’s not really terribly difficult to obtain. I had one once, never asked to produce it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I used to get them, in case I got in trouble somewhere, and needed to surrender my license (and then drive off quick). Only got it looked at once, and they then asked to see my "real license"...

Years ago (and I mean YEARS!) i got pulled in Italy, it was a typical local knowledge trap and the cops were waiting. I admit I was in the wrong but only just anyway, it was apparently worth points but as I had a IDP I just paid a fine (cash no receipt!!) and cleared off. Moral of the story....NO POINTS!

I used to get them, in case I got in trouble somewhere, and needed to surrender my license (and then drive off quick). Only got it looked at once, and they then asked to see my "real license"...

,I keep licenses with my old address on. If they realise it’s not my current address then it’s an ‘ooh sorry officer, my mistake, here’s the correct one’
Some places it’s better not to hand your license over because it goes missing, but can be ‘found’ for a fee.

Back