Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'm back and after another Collie ;-)

cbv8

Country Flag
england
Hi All,
Well that lasted all of three months since i left :icon-redface: my Collies autobox died so i sold it and was going to buy a Rangie which never happened so cut it short i'm back and after another Collie as the bug still bights hard:icon-biggrin: I am after a face lift D4d model preferably a VX if anyone is selling a low miles one must be in good condition with no faults especially autobox ones please or may consider earlier if in very good condition :thumbup:

Good Luck with the search - I'd agree that the later D4D VX models are great VFM. However, bear in mind that even the youngest collie is going to be 16 years old.

I personally wouldn't be bothered by (high) mileage and buy on condition and history.

Hi All,
Well that lasted all of three months since i left :icon-redface: my Collies autobox died so i sold it and was going to buy a Rangie which never happened so cut it short i'm back and after another Collie as the bug still bights hard:icon-biggrin: I am after a face lift D4d model preferably a VX if anyone is selling a low miles one must be in good condition with no faults especially autobox ones please or may consider earlier if in very good condition :thumbup:
Hi there are 3 d4d collies on auto trader , 1, 201 k miles 2002 reg Auto£3.5k , 2, 135k miles 51 reg manual,£4k
3, 157k miles 2002 reg auto £4.5k you could haggle them down . the last one 3 has been the same owner since 2003 .

Welcome Back... Do you not fancy a 120. LC3/4/5... Iv seen quite a few on ebay lately, Not bad prices... Depends on your Budget obviously... But a fair few around at the moment... Just saying like!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Back... Do you not fancy a 120. LC3/4/5... Iv seen quite a few on ebay lately, Not bad prices... Depends on your Budget obviously... But a fair few around at the moment... Just saying like!
I would like one but i think the mpg would cripple me:shock: it has to my everyday car :icon-wink:

I would like one but i think the mpg would cripple me:shock: it has to my everyday car :icon-wink:
Cant see there being any difference to be fair.. In fact The Later D4D is probably better on fuel... Im sure someone will know Better.... Good luck with the search.... Just my Opinion, But i would go with the 3.0 td over the D4D anyday....

The mpg would be slightly better in a 120 as it was basically the same D4D from the collie that was updated .

?? I'm not sure where you're getting mpg figures from for the 90 vs 120, with basically the same d4d engine - they are very, very similar for the same driver profile. (30mpg should be achievable).

If there is any difference, then IMO it will be very slight (<10%) and a "sacrifice" I would happily make, for the extra refinement and comfort etc. of the 120.

Given the prices of some of the 90s posted above, I may have made a mistake - as they don't present as much VFM as I recalled and when compared against 120s - which for similar condition examples are only around 25-30% more and probably represent higher VFM, all things considered.

Hope that last bit makes sense (it does in my head but not so much on paper! :icon-wink:)

Last edited:
This should have my preferred engine for the 90 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323764263596 a factory intercooled 1kz-te , easier to diagnose and modify . It's an import to so probably in good nick underneath .

That is one impressive Collie but it still needs to stand scrutiny underneath.

Having moved from Collie to 120 and run the 120 for a year now and also still being interested in both I can say that finding a good acceptable version of either will be a challenge. A 120 is a big step forwards in all respects from a Collie but comes at a higher price. If I had a certain budget to work to I'd sooner have a mint version of a Collie than a below average 120 for the same price an only one of them would be a money pit.
As far as running costs go, fuel has for me worked out that the 120 is about 10% less economical than the D4D Collie, with the ability to squeeze 500+ miles to a tank in the Collie but not with the 120.

The devil drives Prada.
AB68620D-5FAA-46C0-8DF4-B1105478A86A.jpeg

Ah! I think we are on the same wave length Jacob... although it does look a well loved and looked after Truck

Thanks for all the replies but im sorry to say i took delivery of a low mileage X5 today:oops: not to say i wont be back at a later date :thumbup:

Thanks for all the replies but im sorry to say i took delivery of a low mileage X5 today:oops: not to say i wont be back at a later date :thumbup:
Oh!..... Good luck, That MPG will definitely cripple 'Ya'
'

Back