Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'm sorely gonna miss my Halfords Pro tool set but ..........

Shayne

Guru
My boat claimed my Halfords Pro rachet and spanner set and my magnusson case which was great for loose tools of every kind , but it has always annoyed me that every job big or small required both boxes open and so i've been searching in vain for something along the lines of this https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tool-kits/8296568/ though the socket set is not nearly as comprehensive as the Halfords set it replaces .

Any recommendations ?

I have a couple of sets of Halfords Pro from 7 years ago. Just recently I spoke to them about the 1/2" ratchets were broken but did not have a receipt to prove when I purchased them. They said no problem as long as it has professional on it then it has a life time warranty. They swapped them for new on production of the old ones.

The case hinges are broken so looking for a storage system also, have you thought of condensing into a different case?

That's good news (and service).

I also have a Pro set I bought a while back during one of their sales.....though it doesn't get enough use to break anything! :oops: :icon-wink:

I broke my small extension bar being to lazy to get up so used the adapter to go at it with far to big a ratchet handle but it was replaced no quibble without any purchase receipt . Can't fault my Halfords set at all even if the box catches are long gone after maybe 7 years with plenty of use .

I want to buy another i just wish they would remove some of the tiny permanently unused junk and add some pliers and screwdrivers instead . So the question is more about whats out there that i can't find really .

Bluepoint made a good set but I can't find one now, not much help I know

I was just thinking a molded removable pliers , screwdriver etc tray sandwiched in the case would put Halfords streets ahead of the competition . I love the way most everything stays secure and in its place even if as my crewman did recently the box is dropped while open .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've looked around and have come to the conclusion that there's nothing to touch the Halfords pro sets for the money. I have mine over 10 years and it gets a decent bit of use. Anything comparable is either cheap and nasty or snap on levels of extortion

6433X_P&$prodImageMedium$.jpg

Somebody stole my idea !

Imagine the extra's Halfords could throw into a 1.5 inch deeper box !

Aye but you get less than half the socket set and maybe 50 quids worth of extra's for more than 3 times the price of Halfords Pro , can a tool be of better quality than doesn't break and is guaranteed for life :think: maybe the red box is made of planet friendly plastic :lol:

Just returned from Halfords with nothing because the muppets have increased the size of every box and removed half the tools while doing it , so that's the end of halfrauds pro tools for me unless i can find a used one on gumtree .

Although I've a fair bit of Snap On stuff collected in my teens and 20's the best value tools I have found in the past 25 years is Bergen. Working on commercial trucks will highlight any weakness and we've broken exactly none. These are probably 20% in cost ( if that) of the major makes and make a lot of sense. I think some of it now is branded " US Pro".
That said, there is still nothing to touch the 2' Snap On breaker bar, I've had it 40 years and its still straight as a die.

Love my Bacho socket set I’ve abuse the 1/2 ratchet sooo much and it’s still going strong.

When I was looking at sets Bahco had a pretty comprehensive set at a good price (lifetime warranty and now part of Snap On)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAHCO-13...164418&hash=item5b1bbe680d:g:QO8AAOSw9mFWM3-7

epic tools are a great shop too.

Not enough deep sockets , i searched everywhere for something to replace my halfords 170 set and Dewalt looked to be the winner until i chanced upon a new still sealed halfords pro 170 on ebay :greetings-clapping:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeWalt-DWMT73802-Mechanics-Tool-Piece/dp/B00WLVV1H2

Last edited:
Back