Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Immobiliser head ache

Brendan hruska

Country Flag
australia
gday everyone, hoping someone may help? where do I start? Just after roadworthy and regestering my 2000 prado the barrel in my ingnition fell apart, after talking with the locksmith a new barrel would cost close to $500 and it had to be ordered in from Toyota, to get home he removed the barrel and I used a pair of pliers to start the car while holding the key on the immobiliser, this worked fine for a couple of weeks until I tripped the immobiliser with the pliers. Now the car is stuck!
I've since removed the pins from the broken barrel and installed it back into the car saving me having to by a new ignition barrel, the key has been checked and is fine.
Towed to Toyota in as apparently only a dealer can help with this situation? Well what a waste of time that was! The bloke knew less than me about it and told me to get an auto elec to bypass the immobiliser? Really? I'm pretty sure that's not how it's done. Has anyone had this problem? The engine will crank but it won't kick over, is there some way I can reset my immobiliser?

New here sorry for Not being more specific with the vehicle , stock petrol 3400 quad cam engine.

gday everyone, hoping someone may help? where do I start? Just after roadworthy and regestering my 2000 prado the barrel in my ingnition fell apart, after talking with the locksmith a new barrel would cost close to $500 and it had to be ordered in from Toyota, to get home he removed the barrel and I used a pair of pliers to start the car while holding the key on the immobiliser, this worked fine for a couple of weeks until I tripped the immobiliser with the pliers. Now the car is stuck!
I've since removed the pins from the broken barrel and installed it back into the car saving me having to by a new ignition barrel, the key has been checked and is fine.
Towed to Toyota in as apparently only a dealer can help with this situation? Well what a waste of time that was! The bloke knew less than me about it and told me to get an auto elec to bypass the immobiliser? Really? I'm pretty sure that's not how it's done. Has anyone had this problem? The engine will crank but it won't kick over, is there some way I can reset my immobiliser?
Have a look at these.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fix-for-immobilizer-issue.758984/

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=2000+prado+imobliser

https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum...al-90-series/27511-remove-factory-immobiliser

Hope they helps.

How do you mean tripped the immobiliser? Most immobilisers I have seen lockout the car if the keyfob is not present, but then will start if present again. There's no lockout AFAIK, otherwise a bad read or broken key would isolate your whole car.

Since you have worked around the ignition I'd check the connections between the coil (the bit round the ignition key) and the coil amplifier (usually a box near the coil). I have wiring diagrams that include these if you want them (PM me) and if you can check voltages etc that might assist in finding the problem.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back